Thread: Stock 3.9 Impala Tune

Potential Tuner

Stock 3.9 Impala Tune

Hello Everyone,

I will start by saying I am very new to the tuning world (My MPVI3 is on the way) but I wanted to gather as much info as possible. I am looking for a good starting point to get the most out of a stock engine, 2008 3.9 Impala, for an oval racing application. I will be racing the car in 2nd gear so any tips on transmission settings would be great as well. I will be changing the drive and driven gears inside the transmission to change my final drive ratio from a 3.29 to a 3.69. I was told I don't need to change anything in the TCM to make this change. Is that correct? I will be removing the internals from the catalytic convertor, so I need to disable the #2 O2 sensor and P0420 code? If you are willing to assist a newbie, I will take all the help I can get!

Potential Tuner
    Nobody wants to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevyr2041 View Post
    Nobody wants to help?
    hey bro,It is sad that you have not had help, I am willing to help you

I doubt anyone will verbally commit to removing an o2 sensor, or the cat settings.

But- if youre going to remove those SES codes for DIAGNOSTIC PURPOSES, you'll need special parameters access.
    Aka take the emissions course, and sign a waiver saying you care about the environment.

2. If you want help making the trans live a little in 2nd, i'd get a trans cooler.

3. If you wanna change ratios, more than likely that change will need recorded in the VCM to accommodate. My 99 ecm needs that information, cant see why yours wouldnt.

4. If theres gonna be alot of beating and battering in the 1-2 shifts constantly, i can help with torque management.