Thread: trouble with VIN credits and not showing option to write veh

Potential Tuner

trouble with VIN credits and not showing option to write veh

Hi all

I have previously used HP Tuners to tune my truck. I am trying to load a new tune into my 03 Ram truck. I have the HP Tuners installed on my laptop and I have the tune file saved on my computer. When I hook up the MPVI2 to the trucks data link connector it only gives me the option to "read veh" and does not give the option to "write veh" and it does not show that I have any VIN credits. If I log on to HP Tuners website it shows I have 2 VIN credits (for same VIN). I also tried reading veh again to see if anything would reset. It seems to read veh fine but then it opens a window "download resources" "searching the HP Tuners for additional resources", but it won't go past that and the task bar is blank and just reads "Reading from interface" under task bar. It is also not showing my vin dat info any longer either(I accidently deleted it). I have tried the "resync" and it did not change anything. I'm sure its more of an operator error thing because I am not good with computers. Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction? I feel like most of my issues are due to not being able to properly "resync" my interface. I am running windows 10 is that is a factor.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by jasonmitchell; 05-19-2023 at 01:46 PM.