Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi RS5 2015 - med17.1.1

Potential Tuner

Audi RS5 2015 - med17.1.1

Hello, I'm trying to tune my Audi RS5 2015 with med17.1.1 ECU to Pops & Bangs tune, but everything in this ECU in VCM Editor looks different than those I've seen in some tutorials.

I have modified Spark - Advance - Base Var 0, 1, 2, 3 to 10% engine load value 0 for 3500rpm and up.
    Also minimum spark for drivability spark for 0 and 10% engine load.

I can't find any fuel cutoff map or anything else that can be changed in that manner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just spent quite a lot of money to get MPVI3 and 6 credits just because of my RS5 tune.

Thank you

Tuner in Training
    post your file

Potential Tuner

Here is the ECU file: RS5_pops.hpt

should be a fairly easy tune

Quote Originally Posted by 1mteddy View Post
    Here is the ECU file: RS5_pops.hpt
    do you have a cat ? ill look over your file in just a second.

Post pops and bangs for you to play with

needs to be negative in the areas where you have 0 for timing . for that engine i would start at -1 no more than 7 should do what your looking for , you can go more but youll have a shit ton of heat to deal with.RS5_pops superG5.hpt lmk how it goes. a video would be nice.

Potential Tuner

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG5 View Post
    do you have a cat ? ill look over your file in just a second.
    I replaced the middle section of the exhaust with an X-pipe. I think there are cats on the engine headers. And I also kept the original mufflers with active valves.

In sport mode, it's pretty loud, and in comfort, it's perfectly fine and driveable for long distances.

I wanted to hear some loud pops on downshifts like my friend has on stock Jaguar F-type coupe R. That thing sounds awesome even without any modifications.

you can get some serious action if you straight piped it " full cat delete" and went .65 on ecm 14993. i changed the max injection for you as well.

Potential Tuner
    needs to be negative in the areas where you have 0 for timing . for that engine i would start at -1 no more than 7 should do what your looking for , you can go more but youll have a shit ton of heat to deal with.RS5_pops superG5.hpt lmk how it goes. a video would be nice.
    I tried just loading your tune into my car and it did nothing. I tried logging and it seemingly never went to 10%. So I adjusted 4 rows to -2,25 and also increased component protection like you did. And I was finally able to get it pop sometimes on downshift.
    But only ocasionally and going in throttle smoothly is not good now.

I will try only lower 3 rows and like -7 as you said. But it also seemingly doesn't allow fuel to go in as it is shooting only like once every 10 tries..
    • 1995 MKIV Toyota Supra GTE EU Spec - 1000hp
    • 1994 R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R LHD
    • 2015 Audi RS5 B8.5 US Spec
    • 1997 Honda Civic - Race Car

Post Burble

I tried just loading your tune into my car and it did nothing. I tried logging and it seemingly never went to 10%. So I adjusted 4 rows to -2,25 and also increased component protection like you did. And I was finally able to get it pop sometimes on downshift.

I will try only lower 3 rows and like -7 as you said. But it also seemingly doesn't allow fuel to go in as it is shooting only like once every 10 tries..
    I wouldn't touch anything in the 0 engine load area. I've been working on tunerpro to be able to segment swap the burble parameter into my files .as of now the pops are simulation with vacuum. You can also skip cells so it's not so harsh (but way fucken cool) if you want fuel > open loop/ closed loop > missfire and cutoff lambda are used to protect the cats.I guarantee you will melt them messing with fueling. -14 for dry pops - this pcm uses component protection parameters as the last table for power enrichment. That goes for all the tables with component protection.

Post Burble

I wouldn't touch anything in the 0 engine load area. I've been working on tunerpro to be able to segment swap the burble parameter into my files .as of now the pops are simulation with vacuum. You can also skip cells so it's not so harsh (but way fucken cool) if you want fuel > open loop/ closed loop > missfire and cutoff lambda are used to protect the cats.I guarantee you will melt them messing with fueling. -14 for dry pops - this pcm uses component protection parameters as the last table for power enrichment. That goes for all the tables with component protection.

Potential Tuner
    I understand cell skipping, but it is now poping only at 3500rpm (exactly). When I slighly accelerate to 3700 it pops when going over 3500rpm range.
    When I'm at 4 - 8k rpm range it does noting. Even on downshift it does nothing. I'm currently using this modified map: RS5_pops_1mteddy_v2.hpt

ECM 9334-9337
    map.PNG

I don't know why it starts at 10% load. When I don't touch the accelerator, it does nothing.

dfco

I understand cell skipping, but it is now poping only at 3500rpm (exactly). When I slighly accelerate to 3700 it pops when going over 3500rpm range.
    When I'm at 4 - 8k rpm range it does noting. Even on downshift it does nothing. I'm currently using this modified map: RS5_pops_1mteddy_v2.hpt

ECM 9334-9337
    map.PNG

I don't know why it starts at 10% load. When I don't touch the accelerator, it does nothing.
    try this. you can try opposite of 0 in the dfco tab.dfco rs5 pop.hpt < dfco 0 dfco opposite rs5 pop.hpt < dfco opposite melt your cat like this (Do Not Use This Tune with Catalytic conveter rs5 pop.hpt < this will give you flames on exhaust gas temp and fuel dump but will melt your catalytic converter and burn through baffles in a good quiet muffler . https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fMTNmBanymA <----- the day my manifold turned into an LED (short video)
    Last edited by SuperG5; 05-20-2023 at 04:33 AM.

the day my manifold turned into an LED

wrong video in the last post. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fMTNmBanymA
    Last edited by SuperG5; 05-20-2023 at 04:33 AM.

Potential Tuner
    try this. you can try opposite of 0 in the dfco tab.dfco rs5 pop.hpt < dfco 0 dfco opposite rs5 pop.hpt < dfco opposite melt your cat like this (Do Not Use This Tune with Catalytic conveter rs5 pop.hpt < this will give you flames on exhaust gas temp and fuel dump but will melt your catalytic converter and burn through baffles in a good quiet muffler . https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fMTNmBanymA <----- the day my manifold turned into an LED (short video)
    Hey, I just tested all of your attached maps and it's not doing anything So I'm trying something else or searching what might be wrong. No exhaust pops whatsoever. I have even loaded melt your cats map and no pop, car is not shooting flames I can't even see any changes from the stock ecu map.

It's an example

Hey, I just tested all of your attached maps and it's not doing anything So I'm trying something else or searching what might be wrong. No exhaust pops whatsoever. I have even loaded melt your cats map and no pop, car is not shooting flames I can't even see any changes from the stock ecu map.
    More than likely it's going to sound like fluttering dump of hot exhaust. But that's exactly what you don't want . That will melt your cats . Not exactly sure what your going for? Power tune? Or a burble tune? Maybe your trying to shoot 🔥?lol

Just starting to tune my RS5 as well
    I wanted to start with CAT delete, i have done in Dodge platforms several times but fist time with AUDI
    any tips i need to be aware of ?

then later i want to do same pops and bangs and maybe some fire

rs5 pops and bangs tune

Quote Originally Posted by RedShark_JK View Post
    Just starting to tune my RS5 as well
    I wanted to start with CAT delete, i have done in Dodge platforms several times but fist time with AUDI
    any tips i need to be aware of ?

then later i want to do same pops and bangs and maybe some fire
    rs5 pops and bangs rev 2.hpt this is the file i just created after some good research.

Post rs5 pops and bangs

rs5 pops and bangs rev 2.hpt try this . you may want to update everything to 3k and up instead of 25. just depends on what your cruise speed is.

rs5 pops and bangs rev 2.hpt this is the file i just created after some good research.
    Much appreciated,

for pops and bangs you did cat delete too ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedShark_JK View Post
    Much appreciated,

for pops and bangs you did cat delete too ?
    yes and no at first. i went with cts . i also had some one custom fab a longitudal turbo manifold to fit the same down
    pipe