Thread: Scaled Tune, Impact of Changing cylinder volume

Tuner in Training

Scaled Tune, Impact of Changing cylinder volume

2006 Corvette, LS2, Edelbrock Supercharger, 10 lbs Boost, E85/DSX Flex Fuel, ID1050X injectors, CAM 127/134 114LSA, PRC Heads 225cc as cast. Tune was scaled due to the Fuel Injector limitation of 63 lb/hr. The scaling process used, cut the cylinder volume in half along with many other parameter modifications. I sent my 6L80E transmission off for a level 3 build, installed the transmission and contacted a recommended tuner for tuning help to insure a proper tune for the transmission. One of the parameters changed by the tuner was Cylinder Volume from a value of .3731 to the standard volume for the 6.0L of .74620. Part throttle testing went well but as soon as I went WOT I discovered that my equivalence ratio commanded of 0.780 lambda and actual AFR/Lambda reported by my NGK/AFX wideband ranged from .95 to 1.02 lambda, dangerously lean. I believe the change in Cylinder Volume from the .3731L value to .74620L changed airflow calculations, impacting WOT fueling, causing the lean condition. Am I all wet in thinking the change in Cylinder Volume is at the root of my lean condition at WOT?

Advanced Tuner
    You didn't post your tune.

Anyway, I doubt and if it is E38, the cylinder volume has no impact. It's part of GMVE already.

Senior Tuner
    It's a lot easier to scale the fuel side of things. Half the injector constant, double stoich, half IVT etc.

The airflow way is a mess honestly.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs