Thread: MAF drops during WOT, but boost, cyl airmass, and map hold. Am I blowing out spark?

MAF drops during WOT, but boost, cyl airmass, and map hold. Am I blowing out spark?

First thank you to everyone, my 2007 c6 z06 big cam, twin turbo, methanol breathing monstrosity runs, and I drive it daily thanks to all the help from this forum.

I have been working on getting WOT dialed in, and I noticed that my MAF drops off far before I ever let off the pedal. this is a 7 second clip, at 5.23 the maf starts dropping from 409g/s and gets all the way down to 180g/s before I actually let off the throttle, but Map holds above 140, cylinder airmass holds at 1.24 and boost holds above 5.5lbs.

I am completely confused by this, am I just tripping and the PID's are delayed and this is normal, or is something going wrong? its hard to tell from the drivers seat, cause it breaks the tires loose....always lol. I figured if I was blowing the boost out the manifold the map would drop. Could I be blowing out the spark (I am switching to br7fe's today), it only happens when I get around 4500 rpm and higher?

any advice or help is appreciated, and please ignore the .9 knock at the end, I had my methanol off. thank you in advance for any help with this.

WOT maf drops off.hpl
    5-19-23.hpt

Senior Tuner
    it looks like u are just using the logger without the laptop ? if so then it looks like that when the polling rate is slow, try it with the laptop used to get full data speed, slow polling just joins data points so any fast movements will be a last data point to the next with a straight line so it looks funky

Senior Tuner
    I agree.. This looks like a low frame rate log. Try turning off some unneeded pids.. If you log too much i will log slower like this.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Thank you both so much, I did recently add many pids when I was hunting some issues, I do have it connected to the laptop, so if it looks so slow that it seems the laptop isn't even connected, I definitely need to turn off some pids. Really appreciate the advice thank you.

Senior Tuner
    i log heaps of pids all the time without issue on the laptop, look at each of them and u can see there polling rate if some like water temp u only need at say 1sec is fine then others like trims and throttle, map, spark and most others that change fast u can change to a faster speed if they are not already