Thread: Is -4.7 LTFT a default?

Advanced Tuner

Is -4.7 LTFT a default?

It just seems I see this whenever I reset my trims on both banks for a while.
    No log to post, just a question for those that know what it means.

Tuner in Training
    What are you STFT showing? since LTFT is an average product of those, i would think that theyre pushing your LTFTs that direction from the time theres enough data to average to make a LTFT reading.

Advanced Tuner
    They're pinging around Rich/Lean 2-4 +-% It's just weird because my banks never match perfect and this -4.7 comes up a lot when resetting my trims especially, like it's hard coded. It's done it on every tune I've made for the past few years.

Tuner in Training
    hmm, thats interesting, I had a similar issue before i got my MAF dialed in really well and was running Dyn Air. Are you running SD, MAF, or Dynamic Air? If your banks dont match then maybe theres a leaking injector or a plugged injector in there somewhere throwing it off on one bank then causing LTFT to creep up. What vehicle and setup are you running?

Advanced Tuner
    It's done it across 2 different injector manufactureres and sizes. I'm MAF and my LTFTs typically rune -+1-2% I just noticed it when I reset the trims while messing with the tune,
    2014 camaro LSA with BTR3 cam

Senior Tuner
    I've noticed some OS default to a slightly negative LTFT typcially just on one bank when the fuel trims have been reset.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I've noticed some OS default to a slightly negative LTFT typcially just on one bank when the fuel trims have been reset.
    Do you happen to have any idea or guessed why that is? Id like to know if theres a certain reason why so i can keep an eye out for it.