Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twinturbo chrysler: Can't set torque management

Twinturbo chrysler: Can't set torque management

Hi all! Guys, I need help with the Torque management section.
    Car - chrysler 300c srt8, 6.1 + 2 x 3582 garrett 3582GTX, 22PSI, ~1200hp/1600nm.
    I'm trying to find the optimal parameters so as not to destroy the third transmission. Spark and ETS cutouts work, but I don?t know about fuel. I'm interested in the very essence of whether it is worth using this parameter on a turbo car, when the setting is on, it just jerks and shakes (I changed the "FSO enable torque" table, it's of little use).
    Last year I drove with the TM completely off, now I changed my mind, but the gear shift is stuck at high boost (> 15psi)
    Before writing, I experienced many changes in the TM engine and TM transmission section, but did not get clear results. Torque reduction tables - upshift - do not give anything.
    - spark in different gears is not always retards
    Throttle doesn't work at all
    Actual torque drops, but this does not help the transmission.
    Help me please. AT won't forgive me for 10 more failed attempts)
    29 (1).hpt19052023 2.hpl
    Chrysler 300C SRT8, 2006 - 6.1 twinturbo 1294hp/1580nm

Advanced Tuner
    well dont take fuel to try to make the trans live

only has 9 degree in it but still... what is that pump gas?

what injectors?

why is stoich .700 or is that stock with a 6.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    well dont take fuel to try to make the trans live

only has 9 degree in it but still... what is that pump gas?

what injectors?

why is stoich .700 or is that stock with a 6.1 ?
    I have a phobia for early ignition) Knock V1 often shows 5v noise, I plan to listen engine in headphones on a dyno, before the racing season I will add spark

Fuel system: fore innovations dual pump module, 2x AEM 50-1000, AEM FPR, fore fuel rail, ID1050X, 93 oct

stoich in stock 694, I don't know why it was changed

Well I can't see the log as I have the older version still installed, but I would not use fuel shutoff as it could lean it out.

I've been using just spark for torque management.
    -Under engine go into the spark and set "minimum torque reduction" lower, yours is only -2 degrees; Mine is up to -15 deg.
    -Then in the trans section under upshift, I allow 99% max reduction compared to your 40%
    -In the torque reduction upshift tables I run close to the max "929" in the bottom right of the tables. Yours is in the 200's.

Of course you can vary these settings, but this should at least get your started and make a noticeable difference allowing it to pull decent power on the shifts.

What is the transmission setup? The TCM calibration looks like a mildly modified srt8 or mopar performance TCM.
    Last edited by jefo; 05-26-2023 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jefo View Post
    Well I can't see the log as I have the older version still installed, but I would not use fuel shutoff as it could lean it out.

I've been using just spark for torque management.
    -Under engine go into the spark and set "minimum torque reduction" lower, yours is only -2 degrees; Mine is up to -15 deg.
    -Then in the trans section under upshift, I allow 99% max reduction compared to your 40%
    -In the torque reduction upshift tables I run close to the max "929" in the bottom right of the tables. Yours is in the 200's.

Of course you can vary these settings, but this should at least get your started and make a noticeable difference allowing it to pull decent power on the shifts.

What is the transmission setup? The TCM calibration looks like a mildly modified srt8 or mopar performance TCM.
    Thank you for your help!
    I set the reduction of 99% and 800-900 Nm in the three bottom right of the tables, there are no changes (I don't see them in the logs)
    I changed the minimum sparks to -15, when checking it worked 1 time out of 2 upshifts
    I don't understand how it works, why every other time?(Screenshot attached)
    1.jpg

2.jpg

TM modified, a set of frictions was added (pistons were sawn off), a pump on bearings, a torque converter 3500rpm, a hydroplate and solendoids - standard. (blue top was removed, there was no sense from them), two radiators. Steel wheels - custom, thick (converted from GM)
    TCM EGS52 stock, my settings

I have seen similar things before where it pulls way more timing (as pictured in the 1-2) than normal.
    It's usually a little blip where timing goes negative during the shift, like the 2-3 and 3-4 a pictured below.

IMG_7638.jpg
    Last edited by jefo; 05-30-2023 at 09:24 PM.

I understand it, I saw it in my logs. the question is why don't they always work? 50% yes, 50% no in exactly the same conditions

Advanced Tuner
    this is going to sound crazy but try disabling spark A, running it, then re-enable it

then do the same thing with spark B

I like this solution to the problem) I leave only spark a, spark b falls into minus values ​​and does not return for a long time until the next upshift

Yea, I'm only have spark a enabled. Still has the issue sometimes I pictured above. Not sure what causes it.

By the way, I tried using FSO (ECM 2048) + using FSO A (ECM 44831), the result is amazing! I do not understand how this can break the engine, because turning off and turning on the injectors is sharp without freezes
    The assumption about the lean fuel is not confirmed.
    3.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    i got into it with speedy on the hellcat forum about that

the car in question then was pulling a lot of timing too tho

i would not cut fuel with both boost and timing present but how can motor get hurt if spark is after tdc?

in my post above, spark cutouts are active (spark use + spark A), but there is nothing in the logs. but I haven't re-recorded tunes yet on your advice

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Sometimes the switches are reversed.
    thats why i suggested he flipping them one and a time and logging

did he i do not know

Advanced Tuner
    i would not cut fuel with both boost and timing present
    Fuel cut is just that, 100% fuel cut eg no fuel at all.
    No fuel = no fire = no damage from boost or timing.

Advanced Tuner
    on my log duty cycle does not go to zero

Advanced Tuner
    on my log duty cycle does not go to zero
    What does the DC drop from and to?
    Probably best to log individual injector PW's (at high polling rates) because the fuel cut strategy might cycle the cut between cylinders.
    Thus, the lower DC may be the average DC across all injectors.

The fuel cut hard limit strategy has always been to cut the injector(s) completely to disable individual or all cylinders for instantaneous large torque reductions. Note that this will show up on the wideband as a "lean" condition as you will have unburnt O2 exiting the exhaust.
    It would be madness to have a cut strategy that just leans out cylinders to within their misfire range for torque reduction.

Advanced Tuner
    i dont remember for certain but believe dc went to 40-50%

*just because that is what it read on scanner... doesnt mean that is what it really was

broke a crankshaft trying to slow my junk down before (was running a index class)
    Last edited by LilSick; 06-07-2023 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Try this, but don't run it hard, just 1/2 throttle and shift around 4k. See how it responds. It's pretty aggressive torque reduction, you probably will want to back this off. Use compare to see what I changed.

Attachment 132776
    Thanks! I tried, but the car drives with a negative spark almost all the time(