Thread: Crank sensor relearn P0315 in stock 13 Corvette

Tuner in Training

Crank sensor relearn P0315 in stock 13 Corvette

Bone stock C6 6.2 E38 ECM, swapped ECM for misfire on 1,3,7. ECM came pre-programmed, plugged in, car started, still runs like crap but does not have misfires. Code set P0315. Now the problem is I cannot get the crank relearn to work.
    Ive tried with brake on at temp, ebrake applied, no accesories on, clearing DTCs before running it. All the videos out there are either from 10 years ago or for a mustang and on the c6 I only get one prompt when clicking crank relearn saying to slowly rev to fuel cut then turn off the ignition. Doing this does absolutely nothing and does not clear the code. This is the only code that comes up. Ive searched on here but have not found anything other than what Ive already tried. Some people saying they get crank relearn successful message but I get nothing. Again car is bone stock, Ive changed the air filter thats it. Any ideas on how to get the crank relearn to actually run?

Senior Tuner
    I have never got a confirmation that CASE learn completed successfully with HPT. Usually it does if you followed the procedure in the help file. Have you tried just clearing the code and seeing if it comes back? Are you sure that you are not seeing a permanent code that just has to clear itself?

Tuner in Training
    here is the procedure from HP tuners site. I hope you werent just shutting it down as soon as you get to fuel cutoff as you stated.

https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-u...SAAEgL_b_D_BwE

Senior Tuner
    It should run fine without a CASE relearn. I've had my hands on tons of hotrod swaps that could not do a case relearn because of no E brake, brake signal, clutch, etc.

There might be something else going on.

Firm Press on the brake, emergency brake up, no check engine lights, and fully warmed when you tried to do it?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Think I finally got the relearn to stick. I believe the trick for me was after you rev to cutoff, shut the ignition off for 30 seconds, then click disconnect from vehicle in VCM. code is still in there but not permanent anymore and also no CEL.