Thread: Starting to tune in Lambda

Starting to tune in Lambda

Quick question, I've started tuning in Lambda. I have a good log with a Histo set up for Lambda Err. Do I treat it like tuning in AFR and Copy/Paste/Multiply by Half % into the VE table just like when using AFR?

Since the error is in percent, it doesn't matter as long as commanded & actual are both using the same units.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Since the error is in percent, it doesn't matter as long as commanded & actual are both using the same units.

Thats what I figured, but I wanted to be 100% sure I was correct. Thank you

Think I've run into an issue with my EQ Error Math. My WB is running through serial connection and not the EGR or AC Switch. Only math I can seem to find refers to WB's hooked up to either of those. What would change math wise in order to get a correct EQ Error read out in while logging?

When i made the swap, I just added commanded eq ratio and removed command afr. I have the AEM x series wideband so the math had to change. Here's what mine looks like:
    AEM Xseries

Lambda Sensor (EGR voltage x 0.1621)+0.4990
    Lambda Error 100(((EGR voltage x 0.1621)+0.4990)-Commanded eq)/Commanded eq

AFR Sensor (egr volts x 2.3750)+7.3125
    AFR error 100(((EGR voltage x 2.3750)+7.3125)-Commanded afr)/Commanded afr

Just insert your wideband voltage where the egr voltage is in my formula.
    The histograms will have to change, you need to add the sensor as lambda. Mine is custom user math (labeled lambda sensor, afr sensor)
    Last edited by Matt Vardaman; 05-21-2023 at 10:43 PM.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

The parameter in the histogram needs to be eq error user math.

lambda histogram.png
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Vardaman View Post
    When i made the swap, I just added commanded eq ratio and removed command afr. I have the AEM x series wideband so the math had to change. Here's what mine looks like:
    AEM Xseries

Lambda Sensor (EGR voltage x 0.1621)+0.4990
    Lambda Error 100(((EGR voltage x 0.1621)+0.4990)-Commanded eq)/Commanded eq

AFR Sensor (egr volts x 2.3750)+7.3125
    AFR error 100(((EGR voltage x 2.3750)+7.3125)-Commanded afr)/Commanded afr

Just insert your wideband voltage where the egr voltage is in my formula.
    The histograms will have to change, you need to add the sensor as lambda. Mine is custom user math (labeled lambda sensor, afr sensor)
    I have my WB running through a serial connection to my laptop. Would I still use WB Voltage or would I use a different parameter reading off my wideband? Im thinking about working around the hassle of using a serial connection and just upgrading to the pro version of HP Tuners. Unless I'm just perceiving things wrong, it just seems like a lot less hassle to set all this stuff up when running pro version.

Here's a copy of my log file. I just can not get it to read right, Both in the channel and histo. Histo's are kinda of a mess as I was just trying to get it to read right before I put in only the necessary channels and histo's to log VE Lambda/EQ.
    Attached Files Attached Files