Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: stumbles on cold start

Senior Tuner
    No log?

got sidetracked - here is current log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Here you go. MAF adjusted based on log. A few other adjustments. Done with airflow on both sides, so returned to running factory MAF/SD strategy. Hi and Lo spark tables available.

That's all I can do until you get a wideband in and the speedometer fixed. When you're ready to continue post here and PM me when you do.

How's it running? Hard to tell about things like brake pedal feel (vacuum), idle sound, and shifting. As far as idle, One thing you might try is lowering the at-temp idle a little bit. Don't want to go so low that the headlights dim (underdrive pulley) or the off-idle transition stumbles.

This was a challenge, but we got it. Thanks for your patience and hope your ride is a lot more enjoyable now.

I couldn't be happier - it fires right up, idles great and I can lower the idle if needed. You are awesome and I can't thank you enough for your time and patience !!!!!

Will get the speedometer working first and then a wideband but will stay in touch - Thanks again !!!!!!!
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT - VCM otr intake, underdrive pulley, Kooks LT's no cats to Kooks mufflers, LS7 maf, 3.45 gears, stall, cammed
    2014 Chevy SS - Rotofab CAI, LS7 maf, Kooks LT's no cats to factory mufflers, flex fuel sensor, cammed

Senior Tuner
    Excellent. I'm happy if you're happy.

I forgot to mention one important thing. Since it had been running really rich the oil has probably been contaminated with gas. Does terrible things to the film strength of the oil. Should do an oil change promptly.

Oh okay - had been thinking the oil pressure seems a little low for my liking and what is the rev limiter set at ?

Senior Tuner
    6300. I didn't change that. Just the hysteresis of rev limiter. Re-enable was set at 6299. 1rpm won't stop it from over-revving. Changed it to 6250. Are you wanting something in particular done to it? Should be able to change it there and then make sure the trans still shifts before redline.

I think the cam is good up to 6800ish rpm

Senior Tuner
    Connecting rods and bolts have their limits. So does the transmission. Might check on that.

Shouldn't be going up that high until you can verify correct AFR during PE. We haven't done that yet.

Oh okay sounds good.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT - VCM otr intake, underdrive pulley, Kooks LT's no cats to Kooks mufflers, LS7 maf, 3.45 gears, stall, cammed
    2014 Chevy SS - Rotofab CAI, LS7 maf, Kooks LT's no cats to factory mufflers, flex fuel sensor, cammed