Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: LS7 Trying to Use LTFT Tuning Until...

Advanced Tuner
    It's pretty nice man. It's a 68 camaro with a swap. Converted to a wetsump oiling set up. Greg offered some advice on the lope and i played with it for a bit and eventually landed on what he suggested in the first place lol it was just right for my liking. I'm actually starting to think that even though B1 is showing lean, it is ok. I've created some more charts and they look ok but want to get a confirmation that its just my ocd haha! I'll take a look at the log and report back.

Advanced Tuner
    You can give this one a go and see how it feels. Made corrections by %half except for idle. Idle looks pretty solid. If it feels good, you can enable the MAF, put the spark back in along with everything you've disabled and see how she acts. Then we can tweak that MAF again if needed and go from there.

Les SD-1.5-3.hpt

Tuner
    OK, I'll do that log after traffic dies down,lol. You saying put spark back in? I ain't got a clue how to go about that. So we put the spark back in before MAF logging? Since I played around with swapping the o2 sensors I did want to do a MAF log before calling it quits.

Advanced Tuner
    No worries. We can. Basically, you will take your first tune file you posted and copy the high octane table over to your current tune. If I remember correctly, you were seeing quiet a bit of spark retard. Do you know if your spark tables are stock or if they were modified by the shop you had your car at? Getting fueling close should have helped with that but id say your spark tables probably needs some work. To be honest, I am a little hesitant to try and tune the spark tables. I haven't really started on mine yet. I ended up blending between a tune i had done and the stock spark tables. It may benefit you more to start a new thread on spark whenever you get ready. Maybe one of the more experienced guys can help out there.

Advanced Tuner
    This one has everything re-enabled for you. I copied over your High Octane spark tables which looked to have a good bit of spark down in the lower load areas. It looks high to me. I then copied it over to the Low Octane table and took out 6* across the whole table. After actually looking at the spark tables closer, i would probably start that thread so one of the more experienced guys can check it out.

Les10 Blended.hpt
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-30-2023 at 04:29 PM. Reason: updated file

Tuner
    OK so should I flash the SD-1.5-3 file 1st? Then you process corrections? Little confused...

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah you can do the SD file first to see how it feels. I went ahead and re-enabled everything for you so thats what that Les10 Blended tune is.

Tuner
    Did last SD log. I thought trims looked good, what you say? You going to incorporate the latest corrections into the Blended file? Maybe I can go back into MAF tomorrow, just for a look see. I can figure out all those restoration settings. I got all the flashes from the different phases. Like I said earlier, I need you for the complicated stuff, lol. Attached your file & log.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Les10; 06-30-2023 at 07:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Looking pretty good. Again, just hit the lean spots with % half but when I hit Calc. coefficients, it does its own thing. This one should be better, if not, use the last one.

Les SD-1.5-4.hpt

This is the blended tune with updated VVE.

Les10 Blended updated.hpt

Tuner
    Used your last Blended updated file, undid a couple other 'disables', cut the Catylst Protection back on, cleared the DTC from MAF being disabled & drove the car. It ran great, no DTCs and fuel trims look good to slightly rich (good, I think). Only issue, some KR. I'm reading & working through that now. Thanks, report back soon.

Advanced Tuner
    Cool. I thought timing looked a little high but wasn't 100 percent on if that was a stock timing table or not. You may be better off finding a stock cal in the repository and copy the timing table over. Let us know how it turns out.

Tuner
    The table I'm using is actually from a stock tune from the repository. My 'as-found' timing table (which was part of a Blower tune) was butchered so bad I thought I'd try starting from scratch. Thanks