Thread: 1950 GMC with a 2004 4.8 and 4L60E drive by wire pedal dicey..

Potential Tuner

1950 GMC with a 2004 4.8 and 4L60E drive by wire pedal dicey..

Yes I'm a newbie!
    Hey all, 2004 4.8 swapped into my 1950 GMC.. my accelerator pedal is very jumpy for lack of a better term.
    I had to cut and weld the stock pedal arm because it would not fit. Is their a way to "adjust" the sensitivity of the pedal?
    Truck runs/idles/drives good but just a small push on the pedal can spin the tires. It just comes on too strong. TIA.

I had this with my swap as well. You need to move the cable attachment point closer to the pivot. I had to play with mine a couple time until I found the sweet spot for my driving. Of course you still need to allow for full throttle travel.

I ended up using a pedal from a 70's corvette.

And sorry, seeing you said "I cut and welded my pedal" I assumed it was a drive by cable type.
    Last edited by Keep; 05-22-2023 at 07:36 PM.
    1999 6.0L LQ4 block
    243 heads
    Upgraded rods with LY6 pistons
    BTR LS3 stage 1. - 221/228 .608/.571 112+2
    2010 Camaro SS Exhaust Manifolds
    2006 LS2 Injectors
    Stock truck intake - DBC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban99 View Post
    Yes I'm a newbie!
    Hey all, 2004 4.8 swapped into my 1950 GMC.. my accelerator pedal is very jumpy for lack of a better term.
    I had to cut and weld the stock pedal arm because it would not fit. Is their a way to "adjust" the sensitivity of the pedal?
    Truck runs/idles/drives good but just a small push on the pedal can spin the tires. It just comes on too strong. TIA.
    Is the pedal higher than the brake pedal? It should be lower.. Whenever they are higher the throttles feel super sensitive.. It's a wierd thing to explain but very hard to drive smoothly when the gas pedal is higher up than the brake.

Else, if those pedal commanders make one for your application that might not be a bad way to go. For some reason modifying the throttle opening vs pedal on controllers like yours is nothing but problems. Limp mode,codes, etc.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    I had this issue with a cut down adjustable pedal set up, i manged too fit an extra spring too it and it helped a lot
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning