Thread: 2012 CTS-V Rich after MAF Replaced

2012 CTS-V Rich after MAF Replaced

I'm new to all this so all help is appreciated. The car would intermittently lose power and have no acceleration. I replaced the MAF senser and now the car goes to an AFR of 8.XX-9.XX under heavy acceleration. The car is has a flex sensor, headers, 3" exhaust, 4.5" intake, dual 340lph pumps, 2.5" pulley, 850 fics. The car currently has a mix of 93 and e85 (26%). I noticed that the o2 sensors were zip tied to the a/c lines behind the lid. I'd assume that is not correct. It did have 2 codes p015c o2 sensor delayed and p0178 flex fuel circuit low. I've attached a test drive log and can add the tune tomorrow. ADDED Tune

Log 23-05-21 16-06-01.hpl

Tune CTS V.hpt
    Last edited by GrassMoneyCaddy; 05-23-2023 at 06:58 PM.

Senior Tuner
    A few things..

1. If the car was tuned with a old MAF the tune might have compensated for how it was reading. A fresh MAF means it might need to go over. As a MAF ages it will read lower than it will new. If someone tuned it like this.. it now has too much fuel.

2. With that code active.. it might be defaulted to a certain alcohol content (27%) This might not line up with what's in the tank. It would be rich or lean as a result.

Heads up.. you have a MASSIVE fuel pressure drop at wide open. I saw 28psi or so at one point.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Thanks. This started out of nowhere, by intermittently breaking up and not accelerating. I thought it was loosing/ not picking up fuel at 1/2 tank or less. Now today, after 30 minutes or so of driving it will not accelerate. It will throw the p015c code. I'll clear the code with my Banks gauge and restart it, its goodI've attached the tune. I feel its a sensor or something electrical or something like you mentioned with the tune. I was told it was set for e85 but after briefly looking at the tune its disabled and set to virtual. Any help would be appreciated.

Your VVE Table has not been tuned.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

I will have to research how to correct this. I am a 100% new to this computer stuff and have no idea what they would need to be set to. I need to find someone that can help me out with figuring out if it's a tune issue or failing part.

Advanced Tuner
    You are running E but your flex fuel tab has everything set to disabled. Have any idea why that is?

Yes that's all I run in it and occasionally use 93 if I run out of e . No I don't know why its set like that. When I bought the car I was told that it was tuned to run both and good to go. I saw this when I pulled the tune due to having the mentioned issues. Is it possible to lose a tune from a car?
    Last edited by GrassMoneyCaddy; 05-24-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassMoneyCaddy View Post
    Yes that's all I run in it and occasionally use 93 if I run out of e . No I don't know why its set like that. When I bought the car I was told that it was tuned to run both and good to go. I saw this when I pulled the tune due to having the mentioned issues. Is it possible to lose a tune from a car?
    The car has a tune because a lot has been changed for the injectors and so forth. But like stated the VVE table is stock, the flex fuel sensor is disabled and should be enabled. I do see your logging flex fuel % so the sensor seems to be working.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, griptech 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, 600whp/630wtq