Thread: 2016 Challenger Hellcat weird stalling issues when under harder acceleration.

Tuner in Training

Question 2016 Challenger Hellcat weird stalling issues when under harder acceleration.

So my car has been having this issue where it'll "stall" a few times when I give it gas. Its had the fuel pump and accessories replaced with new parts, recently put a new unlocked pcm in thinking the factory one was bad, but now I'm assuming it has to do with the stock tune as the pcm swap didn't fix it. It only does this at random times. I am completely new to tuning. I downloaded another stock tune off the repository and compared it the one thing I noticed that has to do with fuel was the PTE Desired Enrichment table. mine being the ones with all values at 0.5. Also noticed on the AFR chart on the radio it would spike down to around 8-9 everytime it bogged like that.
    my tune.pngrepository tune.pngcompare.png

my stock tune:
    HELLCAT_STOCK_TUNE_BOTH_PCM_TCM.hpt

tune from repository that I used to compare with:
    HpTuners repository stock hellcat tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    So I did some relay swapping and it didn?t help at all with my issue. My biggest thing that makes me believe it has to do with software is that it doesn?t do it consistently, it does it randomly and I haven?t been able to find anything super specific that causes it to happen, like temps or stuff like that. The only code I ever got before the dealer replaced the fuel pumps and modules back in December was P025A

Tuner in Training
    Yeah Ill get a log in hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. If it did end up being wiring I'm guessing the main engine harness?

Tuner in Training
    lmao just great . At the moment I'm going through an old log I had on my laptop from when it was doing it in October. Ill upload it, I just didn't know much about the scanner program itself but fuel pressure I did add onto it. From what I see when I hit the gas, it bogged going from 80 psi to 57 and then back up normally. A 2nd pull from 80 to 60, rpms dropping slightly when it did obv . The channels are setup like ass though lol22-10-05 14-59-05.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    it looks like it will make the 80 psi no problem

even at high rpm

just wont consistently maintain it

Tuner in Training
    Shoot well now it feels like I?m back at square one lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Could be something stupid like a crimped fuel line from a poorly placed floor jack...

Also I think there was a recall related to the fuel pump module connector melting. Might be something to look at.
    Yeah, right I did see one post once about that melting.
    Also spent some time setting up a better layout, also had to reinstall the vcm suite cause my mpvi wasn?t picking up any of the channels. So gonna get a new log as well

Advanced Tuner
    i always trip on the guys that get outta the throttle cuz the thing starts shooting ducks... and then they get back in it

like the problem mighta magically fixed itself by them letting off the gas for a second

can run 20 psi to 16:1 on ethanol and all it will do is shut off , )

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    I wouldn't do any more WOT logging until you have run out of other options. Every time your engine runs lean under WOT and boost is a chance at destroying the engine.

Yeah, I'm done logging it for a while now, just before I saw this reply I got one more in lol. But gonna start with just basic stuff like you said as simple as a crimped fuel line, also got some fuel system cleaner to clean out any possible gunk and move on from there.
    I doubt this will show anything more than what my previous log shows new run 5-30-23.hpl

I just wish it was more consistent when it does it lol.
    Last edited by 1bdhellcat; 06-02-2023 at 05:01 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    i always trip on the guys that get outta the throttle cuz the thing starts shooting ducks... and then they get back in it

like the problem mighta magically fixed itself by them letting off the gas for a second

can run 20 psi to 16:1 on ethanol and all it will do is shut off , )
    Yeah, it's weird, when it first started it was a lot more specific on when it did it like it would only do it in the 700+hp mode, does it worse/more harsh setting it to sport or track. it didn't do it before on Eco mode but sometimes I can get it to even just from a normal take-off from a stop. At least I'm also learning more and more about the tuning and logging side of things lmao