Thread: KOEO Throttle position

Advanced Tuner

KOEO Throttle position

Should throttle position read 0 with key on engine off? I noticed mine shows 18.4% and the voltage is 3.55. Once started, the position goes to around 6%ish & 4.22v @ idle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried this:

KOEO
    VCM Scanner>Diagnostics & Special Functions> Airflow>Throttle Cleaned

Senior Tuner
    normal behavior
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Mine does that and I just assumed it to be normal since there is no IAC, the throttle blade does the job instead.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Have you tried this:

KOEO
    VCM Scanner>Diagnostics & Special Functions> Airflow>Throttle Cleaned
    I have tried it before and didnt see any difference. l went ahead and did it again since i figure there is no harm in doing so.

Appreciate the info guys!

Like the CKP relearn, the scanner does not give you any info about if conditions have been met to allow the routine to run or if it completed/failed. There should be detailed instructions in your service manual. Not all controllers/OSes/platforms/years have a throttle relearn procedure. The scanner won't tell you if it's available or not, you just click a button and then... guess about whether anything happened or not.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Like the CKP relearn, the scanner does not give you any info about if conditions have been met to allow the routine to run or if it completed/failed. There should be detailed instructions in your service manual. Not all controllers/OSes/platforms/years have a throttle relearn procedure. The scanner won't tell you if it's available or not, you just click a button and then... guess about whether anything happened or not.
    Seems about right lol. Thanks for joggin my noggin, i had not thought to check a service manual for the procedure.

Tuning Addict
    When you key on - the throttle goes through a self check sweep of the motor and position sensors and then parks and it's "parked" position should be "cracked" as it's usually the "neutral" spring tension position. They normally close a little more when you go to crank. Perfectly normal.

Then as Blindsquirrel pointed out just because it has that feature - doesn't mean it works - even in the GM world they put reset features on some platforms that don't work - I'm sure Blindsquirrel has seen a trailblazer or two that's been really carboned up and he's done a cleaning on only to have it idle at 1500 Only way to reset them is to do a full program even though they have a reset in the scanner. Even some of the Suburbans were like that for some reason.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Hell, the 'reset procedure' in the manual for some of them is to go drive the thing for an hour, periodically checking idle speed vs desired idle speed. Whatever world those guys live in is one where flat rate was never invented because there's no way to get paid for doing stuff like that. Not in any of the shops I ever worked in, anyway. They'd just look at you like you were crazy.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you guys ever sleep or at least nap during the day? lol I appreciate the info fellas!

Sleep disorder, my 'days' are 26 hours long. It takes 2 weeks to go all the way around the clock.

Senior Tuner
    Sleep disorder, my 'days' are 26 hours long. It takes 2 weeks to go all the way around the clock.
    26hr days. You're on StarTrek time.

Tuner in Training
    hahahahahahahahahahaha I sooooo feel that.... Dating a 30 year old (I'm 44) you'd think would make me feel even older, but she couldn't keep up if her life depended on it....