Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whipple trackhawk issues

Tuner in Training

Whipple trackhawk issues

I have a 18 Trackhawk we done quite a bit of work to paid a tuner to do a remote session on dyno and we still have some quirks in the truck i need to work out after doing a little street driving. The tuner seems to be way too busy to help us anytime soon and i really want to smooth these issues out, first off it has a pretty good part throttle surge. I've toyed with the throttle settings from some research here and its tremendously helped that truck drives 100x better but I am a Veteran gm tuner this mopar stuffs new to me and i could use some insight. My other issue is a extreme timing pull going into 5-6 gears on a pull torque source goes from pedal to transmission. I will attach the final tune file from tuner and the one where ive been tweaking it along with some logs. Any helps greatly appreciated. Truck made 950 at the rear tires on my dyno with front shaft removed.e85 v4.hpt2018 Trackhawk JP V3.hptv3pulls.hpllight throttle surge.hpl

Mods ive done are ID1700 injectors, whipple gen 5 3.25 upper 10% lower pulley, longtube headers, fore triple pump fuel system, interchiller and thermostat and colder plugs pump e85

Final file from tuner is the first attached
    My tweaks is the second file

Advanced Tuner
    COT is all zero'd out but that is what it looks like huh

maybe raise target temps a lil?

5.24a.png

there is nothing in the trans tune/tq mngt at 5200 to pull timing like that

maybe the iat tstat?

happens right at 115 degree and your hot table has some big numbers

maybe zero em out and try a pull to see if that is playing into it?

5.24tstat.png
    5.24tstat1.png

Tuner in Training
    Ill give them a try, thats all stuff the tuner I paid done. Good point on iat table also only thing that threw me off was where the torque source changed from pedal to trans al

Advanced Tuner
    another thing i saw was that max torque seemed low in more than one spot

forgot to mention that

Tuner in Training
    I’ll post it on lunch, I haven’t touched any trans parameters and from what I saw when I compared the tuner who tuned it for me didn’t touch a lot on the trans side either

Tuner in Training
    Stock file uploaded to original post
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I did notice no timing or throttle pull on shifts. I’ll hit the switches on the torque management back to stock and post a new log and how it does tonight

Tuner in Training
    It was changed on like the 2nd or 3rd revision the tuner done from what I can tell

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    I think it's possible that the FSO and ETC switches got reversed during one of the updates to VCM Editor..... no guarantees.
    that is something i never considered but would explain some of the results lately

does not explain this tho:

5.25shift.png

look at his 2-3 shift. Its like you said, dc drops (which it will with rpm) but the pcm is throwing timing at it, not pulling, as it should

5.25.png
    5.25c.png

Advanced Tuner
    I don?t have my lap top here but if that shift is ?normal? than there was something wrong with the other 3 in the screenshot

I think the next two shifts look the way it is supposed to, shifting with no intervention. No idea what is up with the 1-2 and the huge fuel pull. Or why there is no spark intervention

Knock? If you apply an oncoming clutch, thus pulling the motor down, and throw timing at it at the same time, it?s going to try to knock

Tuner in Training
    Truck still seems to not pull timing on shifts with the torque switches on. Heres a log from tonight still working on the throttle also
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    stop this now

your trans is not gonna take much of this

5.25 trans death 1.png

i know a lil of it is tire slip but not cool

Tuner in Training
    May just end up loading it up and hauling it somewhere to have it retuned, I dont have the time to learn this ecu and just want it fixed. The 1350 i spent with this "big name" tuner has turned out to be a waste.
    Not sure what else to do to fix it
    On that first pull truck spun pretty good for some reason also, the road wasnt the greatest i was on

Disconnect battery,reload tune, write entire on both ecu& tcm, Crazy as it my sound ,but some times parameters “stick”
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    Will do I will try that this evening

Advanced Tuner
    winner winner chicken dinner

spoolboy 1

transmission 0

Why is nn disabled. This tune at least v4 has very little done. Does it have a cam and does it have the stage 2 tb?

Tuner in Training
    Ended up paying to have truck retuned, all seems to be 100x better than before on his 3rd revision.

Tuner in Training
    Glad you got it. That original tune is not the way I would have set it up. Lots of good points above. Stinks you had to pay another tuner to do it after the first. Sometimes the "big name" tuners get a little caught up in their big name. LOL

Tuner in Training
    even the TQ mgmt was turned off on V4.