Thread: cold take off

cold take off

I was having this issue where if i didnt let the car run for a bit it would just not have any power and felt like it was limiting itself or pulling alot of timing out. Usually i let it run for a few minutes before taking off so never noticed this until I needed to leave in a hurry.

So i logged all the spark related stuff and noticed the startup retard was seeming to cause it. I zeroed out the catalyst heating multiplier and it seemed to help

here is what i logged
    cold drive.hpl

tried again this morning and no issues driving off cold. noticed some knock on take offs though and still got some bucking/surging at low speeds i need to address but its getting there. here is log and tune from today if anyone wants to take a look and give me advice or suggestions...or tell me im an idiot haha

23-05-25 17-29-16.hpl subaradosdcl40startupmod2.hpt

What are the mods?

I think your idle timing is too low at 15 degrees, most like around 20-22 degrees.

Your open loop EQ ratio is 1.00 for every cell, if you look at a factory tune they command a richer fuel mixture on a cold engine because they tend to run a little better while warming up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

lq4
    706 heads
    228/230@ .050” .585” 112 cam
    12613412 injectors
    ls1 intake

ok ill try to up the timing some. i had it around 20 before and playing with timing i didnt see much change in kpa so i left it there.

ill change the eq also

Advanced Tuner
    did these changes fix your issues?