Thread: Camaro Pro charger timing retard Redline

Potential Tuner

Camaro Pro charger timing retard Redline

So, I went to the dyno the other day and after dial in everything, I couldn't find what was provoking a timing retard after 6600 RPMs. Timing would drop to 2.5 degrees and power dropped with it.
    Here is the tune and the log file of the pull.
    Camaro SS Procharger Alberto MAF Y VVE WOT REV2.hptdyno 4ta pisa.hpl

Senior Tuner
    check static timing retard.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

There are a few issues I see with your scan and tune but first to your question. "What was provoking a timing retard after 6600 RPMs?".

In your tune under Engine> Torque Management> Supercharger> Boost Limits> Max Pressure = 200kPa
    You're scan shows it's hitting 200kPa at 6,166 RPM. (Right in the bottom of the V of the torque dip.) So, it's limiting it by pulling timing.

So, raise that up above the amount of boost you expect to have and that should solve the problem. (Ex. 240 kPa = 20 Lbs of boost)

Also. I see you're running out of injector around 5,750 RPM and your fuel pressure during the run drops from 65 psi to 45 psi.

Another issue is the throttle isn't opening completely. You need to raise your "Driver Demand" tables as the "immediate torque" is cresting the "Predicted Torque".
    Raise the DD tables 10-20 percent from 85% on up. After you've made these changes; run a scan of a WOT pull and upload it. Add to the scan these 4 PIDs.

Accelerator Pedal Position [Ratio]
    Predicted Axle Torque Cmd [Torque]
    Actual Axle Torque [Torque]
    Immediate Axle Torque Cmd [Torque]
    1997 C5 - 346ci - M6 - custom CAI, ported TB, MAF (ported & descreened), 1-7/8" Lt's, 3"X-pipe, modified stock muffs, 345rwhp before headers/x-pipe