Thread: Bad Idle

Potential Tuner

Bad Idle

Hi

I have a camro with "stage 2" cam, I dont have more information on the cam.
    Car runs fine but idles really bad, from the log the ignition is flying up and down to try and hold rpm target, but i dont know why it is that bad at idle

if pushing the trottle 1% holds rpm at 1000 rpm perfekt and steady 30-40 degree timing

The car have VVT removed

Bad idle.hpl rettet bedste version 17052023.hpt

Are you refrencing your over/under adaptive spark controls? From what i see the car is suppose to idle at 750 / 20* timing and your adaptive controls show if over 48-64 rpm it can pull anywhere from -5-7* from over

not sure if im understanding what you're saying.

Tuner in Training
    is the cam the only thing that has been changed from factory?

Senior Tuner
    The VVE is a bit rough down low. This can cause a bit of a rough idle.

You can tame down the adaptives in the main spark tab.

Sometimes adding just 25 RPM make a big difference smoothing the idle
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    You can try this file and see if your idle gets any better. I would recommend raising the idle speed 25-50 rpm and see if that helps as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tana99ss View Post
    Are you refrencing your over/under adaptive spark controls? From what i see the car is suppose to idle at 750 / 20* timing and your adaptive controls show if over 48-64 rpm it can pull anywhere from -5-7* from over

not sure if im understanding what you're saying.
    yes that is the idle timing correction but I don't think the cam should make such bad idle that timing needs to pull both ways that hard to try and hold steady rpm

cam is a summit: SUM-8716R1

Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    You can try this file and see if your idle gets any better. I would recommend raising the idle speed 25-50 rpm and see if that helps as well.
    I will try the file as soon as possible

Advanced Tuner
    You may also reduce the integral airflow table under the idle tab. Ive had good luck multiplying by a percentage, maybe .5-.75 for a start to see if it helps the issue.