Thread: Seem to be getting some break up or something in 4th around 5k

Seem to be getting some break up or something in 4th around 5k

I am looking for some help for advice. 2014 GT500 with mods. Working on the tune. Doing a pull in 4th is good until you get close to 5k and then stops pulling and seems to be like breaking up. Doesn't seem to do it in 3rd. I was in 3rd doing a pull to close to 6k and didn't do it. Just seem to do it in 4th. I have attached the log if that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    I am looking for some help for advice. 2014 GT500 with mods. Working on the tune. Doing a pull in 4th is good until you get close to 5k and then stops pulling and seems to be like breaking up. Doesn't seem to do it in 3rd. I was in 3rd doing a pull to close to 6k and didn't do it. Just seem to do it in 4th. I have attached the log if that helps.
    You are hitting limits like "trans trunk" and your TB angle error is -15* is what jumps out at me. I like to monitor spark source, fuel source, driver demand limit source, throttle angle source, and torque air limit source. Usually breaking up is a limit using fuel and/or spark to control power in my experience. hope this helps.

ok. Would that also cause just one bank to go lean? If you noticed in the log when that was happening bank 2 was going to like 20 A/F.

I did also notice the fuel press was a little low. So I raised that. I upped that trans limit by gear to over 1500 for all of them. It is still doing it but it is not going lean this super lean on the one bank this time. What other torque limits could I be hitting or need to raise.

Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    ok. Would that also cause just one bank to go lean? If you noticed in the log when that was happening bank 2 was going to like 20 A/F.
    Misfires show lean.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric I raise the fuel pressure and now when it happened again it was not running that lean. Was just a little bit lean. It was 12 and was wanting 10. Also the log was not showing any misfires.

Found a couple other torque tables and increased the settings in those by 30% and it didn't happen again on the last pull.