Thread: Tuning NN for supercharger

Tuning NN for supercharger

Hi all,
    I am going to be installing a supercharger into my 22 Gladiator. I have my PCM unlocked and am going through and learning as much as I can about tuning it. I have found a decent amount about training the NN but nothing specific to supercharger tuning with it.
    Should I have a "starting point" tune ready and fine tune once installed, or install and just keep adding 10% until it is close and then fine tune?
    Should be getting about 6-8psi boost.

Thanks

Found a tune to base off.

I think the best option to get you going quickly would be a tune from one of the pros that has the secret sauce for forced induction on a 3.6 pentastar - maybe hemituna on here...

I doubt any pro has done a full Neural Network Trainer tune on a setup like yours, let alone a NA 3.6. You'll be dealing with twin independent cams, meaning the NNT will need good data for all 25 VE tables covering all permutations of the cam positions. I suppose one could look at the most common lobe separation commanded in the stock tune and do a subset of the 25, but I doubt anyone has found an optimal cam phasing strategy for FI.

I believe the Ford guys have a bit of an easier time with Coyote, because they use a MAF sensor. Now if you can retrofit a MAF and tune with it on GPEC 2 or 3 or whatever they're up to now, I think life would get much simpler.

Advanced Tuner
    i heard ford went back to speed density?

i dunno

and i dont want to lol

enough to figure out and remember with the hemi