Thread: throttle position not matching desired after id1050x install 14 CTSV

Advanced Tuner

throttle position not matching desired after id1050x install 14 CTSV

So I just replaced my I.D. 850s with some 1050s and now i've noticed my throttle position no longer matches my desired/commanded position. All I did was switch the injectors and input the data into the tune, else. What could cause this mis match? With the 850s they always were about identical to each other. 103 NW Throttle body is installed on my car. This was on the car when I had the 850s too.

throttle pos not matching desired_commanded.hpl2.35 pulley, ID1050Xs, CURRENT TUNE.hpt
    Last edited by sgod1100; 05-26-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So I found there are two different "throttle positions" one has 1 blue arrow to the left and the other has 2 blue arrows (1 blue arrow are ECU specific ones I guess?). You can that the one with 1 blue arrow is matching perfectly with desired/commanded. The one with 2 blue arrows is off. Soooo should I just use the 1 blue arrow (ECU specific) one and ignore the other one?

throttle position arrows displayed.JPGthrottle position.JPG
    Last edited by sgod1100; 05-26-2023 at 01:26 PM.

Tuner
    HPT team does not differ throttle area and throttle position. They call everything as throttle position.
    2.7% - area
    7.5% - position
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by verlon View Post
    HPT team does not differ throttle area and throttle position. They call everything as throttle position.
    2.7% - area
    7.5% - position
    thanks! Appreciate it, I never knew that

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    ...one has 1 blue arrow to the left and the other has 2 blue arrows...
    1 arrow means the PID is a broadcast parameter. The ECM broadcasts the data on the CANBus network on its own so any device can read the data.
    2 arrows means the PID is a polled parameter, meaning you (or the HPT scanner) have to request the data first from the ECM, then wait for it to send it over the network.

Not sure which one is faster as there is no guarantee how frequently the broadcast parameter is sent, nor is there any way of knowing the latency when requesting a parameter. Most likely dependent on a bunch of factors at any given moment.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant