Thread: Delaying closed loop fueling

Tuner in Training

Delaying closed loop fueling

Hi all, having this issue on a couple of cars. Two BA falcons, one a turbo converted wagon, the other an XR8 with a positive displacement blower on top. Both on E85.

I can get them to cold start perfect, but they both go into closed loop rather quick and pull them both back lean enough that they run garbage. The XR8 in particular won't actually idle and it will stall. I've been through the wagon file (my own car) with HPT, pcmtech and winols and can't get it to delay closed loop. I even set the delay time to a ridiculous number and it seemed to have no effect. I just want to delay them entering closed loop, ideally temp based but even a timer will suffice.

Any tricks to this? Can't attach the tune right now but if anyone has come across this issue before and cracked the code, I'd be appreciative of any input.

Cheers, Ben.

Tuner
    Hi Ben,

You could use the table Cold Enrich Decay table which is an enrichment table which uses coolant temp and time as its axis. ENGINE - FUEL - OPEN LOOP/BASE - COLD ENRICH DECAY.

Cheers,

Jason