Thread: 2018 Indian Springfield finally running safely on HP Tuners

Tuner in Training

2018 Indian Springfield finally running safely on HP Tuners

I finally got my fueling set right on my bike to get it ridable on the HP Tuners tune. Starting to dial the bike in a little more now but I am finding a few issues in VCM Scanner that hopefully someone can help me with.

Factory O2 sensors do not show up in VCM Scanner, I've dug through every PID in the list and the factory O2 is just completely missing.

I have an Innovate DLG-1 dual sensor wideband wired into my pro-link cable and set up in VCM Scanner to log. This setup works perfectly fine while the bike is stationary and my laptop is plugged in to the MPVI2, if I try to datalog standalone without the laptop it just grabs the first reading and keeps that reading static the entire ride.

Along with a few PIDs being missing I've noticed at least 2 that are just wrong. My bike is air cooled, it seems to be reading the Intake Air Temp sensor as Engine Coolant Temp, and it seems the Intake Air Temp shown is actually either Cylinder Head Temp or Oil Temp.

I'm trying to get a graph running for EQ ratio error using my wideband. I've tried using the built in math and changing it to look at my wideband and I tried making a new user math to just use the input the pro link cable is getting with the math used to convert my wideband to EQ ratio ( 100 * ((([MPVI input 1] / 5) + 0.5) - [desired lambda]) / [desired lambda] ) and neither of them work. The table shows movement but no values show up in it. I have it set to 1 cell hit required and I am logging everything used in the math, still no information shows up on the table.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix any of these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by phambrecht View Post
    I finally got my fueling set right on my bike to get it ridable on the HP Tuners tune. Starting to dial the bike in a little more now but I am finding a few issues in VCM Scanner that hopefully someone can help me with.

Factory O2 sensors do not show up in VCM Scanner, I've dug through every PID in the list and the factory O2 is just completely missing.

I have an Innovate DLG-1 dual sensor wideband wired into my pro-link cable and set up in VCM Scanner to log. This setup works perfectly fine while the bike is stationary and my laptop is plugged in to the MPVI2, if I try to datalog standalone without the laptop it just grabs the first reading and keeps that reading static the entire ride.

Along with a few PIDs being missing I've noticed at least 2 that are just wrong. My bike is air cooled, it seems to be reading the Intake Air Temp sensor as Engine Coolant Temp, and it seems the Intake Air Temp shown is actually either Cylinder Head Temp or Oil Temp.

I'm trying to get a graph running for EQ ratio error using my wideband. I've tried using the built in math and changing it to look at my wideband and I tried making a new user math to just use the input the pro link cable is getting with the math used to convert my wideband to EQ ratio ( 100 * ((([MPVI input 1] / 5) + 0.5) - [desired lambda]) / [desired lambda] ) and neither of them work. The table shows movement but no values show up in it. I have it set to 1 cell hit required and I am logging everything used in the math, still no information shows up on the table.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix any of these issues?
    Email your file and logs to support and we will get it fixed up.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Email your file and logs to support and we will get it fixed up.
    Will do! Thanks Eric!

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to post an update on here. I do now have Histograms working on the bike. All I did was go back in and redo my user math selecting the LC-1 wideband and letting it use the Generic Lambda sensor and now everything works great. Tuning is going super easy. Still no factory o2 sensors and some other sensors seem to be labeled incorrectly but my bike is running amazing now.