Thread: new turner problems over here lol

Tuner in Training

new turner problems over here lol

i swapped a 2007 gen 4 LS in a 1993 s10. i was having issues with the obd2 port but i got a bench harness to tune to ecm. but anyway i adjusted the idle by watching a lot of you tube videos . the truck will run about 2 or 3 secs and shut back down. it does have a sloppy stage 3 cam. and fabricated intake swap. its 58x . im new to HP tuners and would like any guidance to helping me fix this issue so i can complete the build, im not asking for someone to give me the answers . just need more of a idea of maybe what im over looking or not doing correctly.

Post the tune and logs, only way we can see what you've done so far.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ive tried, i cant figure out how to post my tune file on here.

Advanced Tuner
    at the bottom of the reply box click on "go advanced" and then once that loads click on the paper clip "attachment" and ad your files that way.

Tuner in Training
    thank you for the help with that, i will get the file loaded . it probably isnt tune correctly but i made just very minimal changes from what the ecm was set for me. it was supposed to be pretuned with vats deleted .
    Last edited by s10guy; 06-20-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Tuner in Training

more info

truck has stock 36.6 lb @58 psi returnless injectors but i just installed a inline fuel pressure gauge and its reading about 58 psi when turning over and holding and trying to fire will run about 3 seconds and shut off .

Holley Sniper EFI 870021 Sniper EFI MAP Sensor 2.5-bar

i think i have 02s on loop.

vats has been removed.

Elgin E-1841-P cam.

fab intake

ugly duckling stock new.hpt
    Last edited by s10guy; 06-24-2023 at 01:34 PM. Reason: updating info

Advanced Tuner
    TBH youlll get more help if you make a post about this in the Gen 4 forum. Im not around my laptop to look at the tune ATM, but will try when im off work. Did you change OS to 2 bar setup since youre running a 2 bar MAP? Have you made ANY VVE or MAF adjustments? Are you wanting to use wide band or narrow band O2s for tuning? Will it stay running if you put your foot on the gas pedal? Do you have a log of startup and the few seconds it does run?

Tuner in Training
    oh ok. im still trying to figure out these forums , i did change the OS to 2 bar and save it like it said, and i have not made any vve or maf adjustments as far as i know. and i will be running a wide band . currently not installed tho . just put everything on hold until it will run for more then 3 or 4 seconds . and no it still dies even with your foot on the pedal. and i do not have a start up log. i can try to get one today.

can not get a running log with it trying to start because the OBD2 port will not connect. having to tune off of a bench harness

i swapped out the wiring harness with another one . the obd2 port is working with this one . i will post a data log this afternoon of the truck while starting it and running for like 3 sec. hopefully that will help
    Last edited by s10guy; 06-24-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Tuner in Training
    first log.hpl
    its not long but thats all i can get it to do

Advanced Tuner
    Ill take a look when im off work if no one has chimed in with advice by then.

Tuner in Training
    thank you.