Thread: 2014 Camaro SS - LTFT

Question 2014 Camaro SS - LTFT

So ive tried tuning the MAF sensor but my VE is disabled but I seem to get terrible LTFTs. here's my log. if anyone can help me out would be appreciated jt log.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Looks like you either have bad injection timing or a vacuum leak. Bank to bank is off pretty bad at idle and then comes back in line with more rpms. Once that's fixed use stft's + ltft's to tune in your tables.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Looks like you either have bad injection timing or a vacuum leak. Bank to bank is off pretty bad at idle and then comes back in line with more rpms. Once that's fixed use stft's + ltft's to tune in your tables.
    Thanks for the reply, I do have a 103mm throttle body as well that was somewhat calibrated with the scaler but I'll take another look at the hoses for a vacuum leak. My injection timing was never calibrated or anything upgraded to the injection system. Maybe a bad fuel injector?

Tuning Addict
    It's possible. I just assumed you had a cam with larger injectors and hadn't dialed it in. Fix the bank to bank and go from there.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

is this cammed or ghost cammed tuned? whats done to it? it looks like the underspeed and overspeed are going crazy making it missfiring and affecting the fuel trims. turn off LTFT and get the vve dialed then maf if you wanna turn LTFT back on.
    Specializing in calibrating GM vehicles. HPtuners and HolleyEFI

Remote tuning services email [email protected]
    instagram: tunedbymmt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MeshaalMMT View Post
    is this cammed or ghost cammed tuned? whats done to it? it looks like the underspeed and overspeed are going crazy making it missfiring and affecting the fuel trims. turn off LTFT and get the vve dialed then maf if you wanna turn LTFT back on.
    Ghost cams are the new cams. this generation is crazy, wanting cams for just the sound alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by MeshaalMMT View Post
    This has a small cam in it & I added a bit to the under speed and overspeed for it to be a bit more aggressive. also, I'm on a MAF tune and Im not sure if I should retune the VE since it's not being used. I'm not too sure.

Senior Tuner
    VVE should really be tuned. It really makes a big difference.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    VVE should really be tuned. It really makes a big difference.
    I?m on MAF only by a dyno tuner I went to, should I turn VE on? Or just leave it off and tune where the tuner left it? It essentially only work for about 300RPM in the 2k range from what I can see then it?s off. But I?ve seen other posts on how some parameters are still basing off of VE.

Tuning Addict
    The way the ecm works is it will use the VE as a weighting factor even if it's setup to be 100% MAF. Such as when you're steady throttle, VE will still be used only minimally. Now the other side of that - anytime the rpms are changing more than 50 rpms the VE weighting leans more heavily towards the VE side of things, such as if you have a cam lope at idle - it will use more of the VE as the rpms are changing rapidly. Anytime you stomp the pedal, it'll lean more on the VE air model for controls. It needs to have all of these tables dialed in.

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    The way the ecm works is it will use the VE as a weighting factor even if it's setup to be 100% MAF. Such as when you're steady throttle, VE will still be used only minimally. Now the other side of that - anytime the rpms are changing more than 50 rpms the VE weighting leans more heavily towards the VE side of things, such as if you have a cam lope at idle - it will use more of the VE as the rpms are changing rapidly. Anytime you stomp the pedal, it'll lean more on the VE air model for controls. It needs to have all of these tables dialed in.
    Thanks for the explanation! I?ll get that dialed in & hopefully, I?ll get some better performance too, I have a bigger throttle body, e85 kit (sensor) since my last VE calibration at dyno.