Thread: Asking for help and direction to get this 6.0 straitened up!

Potential Tuner

Asking for help and direction to get this 6.0 straitened up!

052723running now.hpt52723.hpl
    2008 h3 Alpha.
    Replaced the bad 5.3 and installed a 900 mile, 2019 6.0. Removed the DOD,installed a delete kit and a BTR Truck Norris cam. E67 pcm. Automatic.

I did reprogram for 50lb injectors as that is what I believe they are.
    Truck actually runs decent, especially open loop. In closed loop it run rough, in park. In gear, fairly smooth. It does throw missfire codes, PO300 and then it goes into open loop. Then goes into closed loop after a short while. I installed the 5.3 map sensor onto this engine and the 5.3 throttle body as the 6.0 didn't have one when I received the engine. Everything else is stock. I have been running this for a year so far, power still isn't right and obviously idle is not good, but will run a steady 700 rpm in gear. I have seen 17-3/4 mpg at 70 mph. Obviously low speed, in town is around 11 mpg.

So, could someone please look over the scanner configuration, and the scanner file and tune. I'm sure there will be suggestions and looking forward to input. yes, it's a mess.
    Scanner logging and tune file is enclosed.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and the much needed help.

Advanced Tuner
    your cylinder volume isnt correct for a 6.0
    0.74590L is 6.0 cyl volume.
    What injectors? where did you get the data for them and what data did you change? it looks like you just changed flow rate on them.
    Your VVE table is pretty spikey, id prefer mine to be smoother. I get great results from seperating the VVE into its 29 zones and logging those zones individually and then applying changes indvidiually and calculating coefficients after each zone input.
    Last edited by horsepowerguru427; 05-30-2023 at 04:37 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Engine is a LC8. Flex fuel injectors. 50# The Cylinder volume was copied and paste from a 6.0 file.