Thread: Noob needing direction

Potential Tuner

Question Noob needing direction

Ok i read several posts but can't seem to locate information i am seeking. I have a 2013 Ram 2500 5.7 non mds auto 4x4 swapping in a 2016 challenger 6.4 srt with 40k miles. So i plan to rebuild trans and new torque converter. what is good kit for 66rfe and what converter is appropriate? I plan on keeping engine totally stock. Will my 5.7 ecm be able to be flashed for 6.4 srt? or do i need a new ecm? I am not smart enough to do myself and want to send off to be done. Who has done this? any suggestions? Will the wiring on 2013 5.7 swap over to 6.4? he left all wiring on 6.4 but it was using manual trans. what kit parts do i need for back motor to 66rfe? Note: both motors are non mds models does that help with answering ECM question? Also, i plan to keep shorty factory headers and run new mid pipes to xpipe and dual exhaust is really only mod i want to do. I want to be able to have fun truck. this is my old work truck now i have diesel work truck and going keep this for fun money pit.

Kit for 66rfe , Honestly No clue , Oregon transmission has some good kits, so does PATC , all 65 and 66 RFE trans benefit from LOTS of reprograming, hit the trans section, locate JimP ask him to tune it.

with a 6.4SRT engine, nothing less then 2800 stall, might even want to go 3k, depending on if you are going to "cam it in the future"

the Stock 5.7 Programing will run the 6.4, , there are some fueling/Timing tables that will need some attention to get the most out of the swap.....with the stock SRTcam you'll lose some of the cam flexibility.......If it were me I'd swap the cam out and phase lock the new cam( you might want to swap out the OEM cam for something from Flying Ryan,Texas speed or Comp.
    The NON-MDS part of the tune doesn't care what Cubic inch the engine is,

Been awhile but if I remember the Injector/Coil wiring harness is the same, I've done this swap about 10 times in the last 8-9 years now.

I don't remember if the SRT manifolds fit or not, I know they will not work on the 03-05s , I never tried it on 06-08, what ever fits 06-08 will fit 4th gen09-18.
    There's ebay store that sells 09+ Lt headers for about 250, I use those all the time on the 03-14 Eagle/D exhaust port head.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q