Thread: OS sotf options not available?

Tuner in Training

OS sotf options not available?

Very new to this but successfuly read all three modules on my 04 6.0? licensed them and flashed them back to the truck. Now trying to apply code modifications in the os tab as stated in other posts and instructions? I have no selections available? Running the latest beata version. Thanks for any help that may be out there.

Banned
    open file, go to OS, apply code, save file as new name file. then close current file. open new named file. write entire. youll know if you did it right if you read it out again and your sotf parameters show up. if you did it wrong youll brick the pcm.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. when I go to os, after opening the file I don?t have any options?. It is just blank no option to apply code? that is the issue that I cant figure out

Tuner in Training
    Word on the street is that you must have the latest ford stock file flashed into the truck for this to work? seems overly complicated? any truth to this?

Banned
    Whats your ecu strategy? can you post your stock read..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    Whats your ecu strategy? can you post your stock read..
    OS is XVBC9QA working on loading the read… I actually just flipped this pcm into the truck about a month ago. Ordered it after figuring out that my cruise control was inoperable because of a pcm issue. It fixed my cruise control… so that I could get going with SOTF… but it looks like it came flashed with a dinasour tune in it?
    Last edited by Grahamindustries; 05-29-2023 at 08:54 PM.

Tuner in Training

Stock read

Attached is the stock read
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Is there an easy way to get into a newer strategy? my local stealer ships are a big pain in the rear and I dread the idea of having to deal with them.

Banned
    i should be able to fix this for you tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate you even offering to try!! Thankyou so much!!

Tuner in Training
    To Close this one out for anyone that may find it Powerstroke Customs knows his stuff. took really good care of my issues and was able to convert the file where I could not. I will post updates as I learn more but it appears that there are differences in HP tuners Software. My user version of vcm editor was not able to mod the old os, but it seems as though other versions of the editor are able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamindustries View Post
    To Close this one out for anyone that may find it Powerstroke Customs knows his stuff. took really good care of my issues and was able to convert the file where I could not. I will post updates as I learn more but it appears that there are differences in HP tuners Software. My user version of vcm editor was not able to mod the old os, but it seems as though other versions of the editor are able to do so.
    How many slots do you have? If i apply the patch it only gives me stock +1 so two positions total

Tuner in Training
    That?s all I got as well? and there is no way to know which slot is active unless you change the idel or vane position strategy. I guess the 03 trucks have 3 pulse stock, 04 has stock plus one and the 05s have stock plus 5?. As far as iam concerned it?s a waste of money on the 04. Super disappointed in HP for not disclosing this information. I guess someone has to fight with it to learn the limitations.

When you hit the cancel button on your cruise controls your RPM tack should move to your tune position IE: tune 0 will be 0RPM and tune 1 should be 1000RPM, does it not do this?

Tuner in Training
    That is what it does on 03? and on 05-07? what I have learned is that the 04 ecm is crap I guess it is too small for the needed functionality? I set the idel up in the second slot so that I could tell that it changed?. It does not display tune position as HP says that it will. I am fighting with HP right now as I see little value in the platform on an 04. Iam back to sct tunes on the ecm and tcm. And a HP tune on the ficum.

Any word on this? Trying to do my fathers truck and the same issue. OS only shows + 1 tune. Can?t access it. Truck takes the tune. Can switch the sotf default tune and it changes when I write but will not let me use the cruise control to change it. Is it true they need the latest ford flash?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR3M3BRUTALITY View Post
    Any word on this? Trying to do my fathers truck and the same issue. OS only shows + 1 tune. Can?t access it. Truck takes the tune. Can switch the sotf default tune and it changes when I write but will not let me use the cruise control to change it. Is it true they need the latest ford flash?

Tuner in Training
    If you were able to convert the file in the os tab to sotf you now have two slots? I would say you probably are switching? the 04 program does not indicate tune position. Set the rpm up a couple hundred on one of your tunes then check it. It?s a waste of time and money on the 04. Word I have heard is that the guy who developed this at HP is no longer there and non of the bugs or limitations that we are finding are being fixed. Sotf for 03-04 is not worth it in my opinion? good luck, reach out if you need any help. Iam learning but not an expert.