Thread: TCM Controller Changed. How do I update OS in tune for new TCM controller?

Tuner

TCM Controller Changed. How do I update OS in tune for new TCM controller?

I replaced tcm in 2015 Corvette. The editor shows you how to remove old controller info from tune. It doesn't tell you how to add/update TCM data to newer tune. Can someone point me in right direction?

I know I can save tune with new TCM installed but I would like to know how to the editor to do update when updatiing controllers..

New-new, like totally blank with no default calibration in it, or new-reman with something already in it?

Tuner
    I had it programmed after install. Some tune files still have old Tcm settings.

I’m my case, I have a number of times with old tcm settings. I saw a video from hpt about removing about removing tcm controller just didn’t provide info on adding new controller. That seemed like an easier way to update that is still saved with old controller.

Select 'do not write' for everything but the TCM, and 'write entire' for the TCM.

Or if it was programmed with GM tools, with a calibration specific to the correct VIN, just 'write calibration'.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Or if it was programmed with GM tools, with a calibration specific to the correct VIN, just 'write calibration'.
    Programmedby GM Tech/tools. Maybe this makes more sense; If I write an old tune mated to old TCM, editor refuses to write TCM. I beleive messsage is wrong OS.. I'ved gottern around this in past by installing tune that has TCM recognized, example would be a tune installed when new TCM was programmed by GM Tech. I then write different tune and do not install TCM controller software. I then download newly configured tune and all is fine. Editor has no issues.. Maybe that is only/easiest way to deal with new controller.

I assumed you could use Edit-Calbration Details-Tune Details: I could remove TCM Controller and then use same tool to install new-software for different/new TCM..

So then the new TCM was programmed with the GM tools for some other application? Otherwise it wouldn't have an OS mismatch.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    So then the new TCM was programmed with the GM tools for some other application? Otherwise it wouldn't have an OS mismatch.
    Good question? I thought my situation was SOP. I installed new TCM, friends father who works for Chevy dealer came by with GM hardware, used my internet and car was drivable..

Guess I go back to plan A.

Thanks for help.

Can you post the file that's currently in it, and the last file you used with the old TCM?

Tuner
    Here you go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ummm... you sure? Both files, the TCM serial numbers are identical, and that's hardware, can't be changed with programming.

What are you trying to do here? The OSes are the same. All the TCM segments are the same ID. If all you want is your old settings in the new file/TCM, just do this and then 'write calibration'.

screenshot.29-05-2023 23.50.27.png

Tuner
    My mistake. Here is copy of tune pre-TCM change..

My objective is still the same. Use HPT to update pre-TCM tune with new controller data. I see how to remove old TCM controller. Just not smart enpough to use HPT to add/update new TCM Controller to old tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DCZ; 05-30-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Why do you need to change the OS? Just use the compare tool and copy your old settings into the new one.

(TIS shows there were two possible hardware#'s for that VIN and they each use their own OS, you don't want to force the wrong one into it)

Tuner
    Understood on using compare feature. That is what I usually do. After watching a HPT YT video on using features of HPT, they stated you could use tool to remove one TCM controller and replaced with another..

I'll stay with system I am familiar with..

Well if there are two different hardware numbers, and your one one and new one are different, and the calibrations can't interchange between them (otherwise TIS wouldn't ask which one before showing the Cal IDs), then copying differences is all you can do.

Go here and put in your VIN: https://tis2web.service.opel.com/tis2web/