Thread: Impossible to stop closed loop

Tuner in Training

Impossible to stop closed loop

Hi Chaps, I cannot stop it going into closed loop.
    I can in the scanner hit the turn off closed loop and it turns off instantly. So I know there is something to keep it off - but I want to turn off in the actual tune.
    I have tried every cell on the page, extended time, temps, voltages, everything I can think of - but nope closed loop kicks in - you see the trims change....
    Hit the button in the scanner, and everything is off, just what I want.
    Please can someone tell me how, and that they know it will work.
    I attach a screen shot, as all the videos online have the 'turn off' button - but not on my page.
    Thanks
    Oxy sensor.JPG

Senior Tuner
    You've tried setting O2 Readiness vs ECT to a high value like 248?

Advanced Tuner
    post the tune...try changing this table to 255kpa (or something equivalent) all the way across and see if that will keep them off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by horsepowerguru427; 05-30-2023 at 08:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your replies - tried so many settings, Im back to std, so will try these alone and let you all know, thanks
    Ps. I did just read, to try Engine Diag tab, Math frequency high/low - down to 0. Not been in this area but Ill try them all
    Last edited by CTSVNZ; 05-31-2023 at 02:41 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSVNZ View Post
    Thank you for your replies - tried so many settings, Im back to std, so will try these alone and let you all know, thanks
    Ps. I did just read, to try Engine Diag tab, Math frequency high/low - down to 0. Not been in this area but Ill try them all
    O2 readiness vs ECT will keep it in open loop. Disable STFT in OL if your tune has it.

MAF frequency stuff is to put it in speed density. Speed density and open loop are two very different things.. just a FYI
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Thankyou Alvan - worked a treat, closed loop 'off' yes!