Thread: VE tuning and ambient/outside temp changes.

VE tuning and ambient/outside temp changes.

Can someone please point out what adder is changing the EQ ratio between these two logs? None of the tutorials I have found touch on any of this. First one was this morning on my way to work and the 2nd was on the way home. Nothing changed other then outside temp between the two. I believe it was in the mid 60's this morning (Log 8) and mid 80's on the way home(Log 9). Also as a side note, during VE tuning I noticed that EQ ratio during idle while in Park is a lot richer then when in gear both at a stop. I noticed both are idling within the same cells Any advise on how to solve that issue on Gen 3's? Thank you

As a side note, I know you should get the VE table dialed in all at once without major temp changes. I'd just like to know what I can look for when I see things like this. Also, as you get more dialed in with the VE what filters should I use to help filter out bad data and get more accurate numbers. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken View Post
    Can someone please point out what adder is changing the EQ ratio between these two logs? None of the tutorials I have found touch on any of this. First one was this morning on my way to work and the 2nd was on the way home. Nothing changed other then outside temp between the two. I believe it was in the mid 60's this morning (Log 8) and mid 80's on the way home(Log 9). Also as a side note, during VE tuning I noticed that EQ ratio during idle while in Park is a lot richer then when in gear both at a stop. I noticed both are idling within the same cells Any advise on how to solve that issue on Gen 3's? Thank you

Hard to say exactly without the tune file. it looks like once your ECT hits around 125-130 degrees (ish) its leveling out around lambda 1, under 125 its rich at about .93 lambda. Id check OL tables right off the bat, timing isnt being pulled for IAT changes very much at all from what i saw so Id say its not Ambient, that would be a drastic swing for the temp change in my opinion.

As a side note, I know you should get the VE table dialed in all at once without major temp changes. I'd just like to know what I can look for when I see things like this. Also, as you get more dialed in with the VE what filters should I use to help filter out bad data and get more accurate numbers. Thank you in advance.