Thread: 5.3 Gen 3 bank 1 rich bank 2 great logs

Tuner in Training

5.3 Gen 3 bank 1 rich bank 2 great logs

I have 862 cylinder heads a sloppy stage 2 cam factory gen 3 truck intake and DBC. I cannot figure out why my bank 1 is running so rich I suspect injectors I haven't even started tuning for driving down the road because of how bad that bank 1 is rich. I do not currently have a wideband but I am running O2 upstreams. I have since lowered the IAC steps down to around 50-60 and tuned airflow just looking for pointers on find my bank 1 problem I will attach to data logs one is driving and the other is idling. injector test 2.hplbig rip.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I forgot to mention I am running a Camaro Harness and camaro O2 sensors I had to extend them to reach usually no big deal and other than that I have some 34.6 pound injectors from a Supercharged 3.8 GM. My harness is EV1 and the injectors are EV1
    Last edited by tuckert6; 05-30-2023 at 09:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    verify there are no vacuum leaks at intake manifold. could also be a coild or plug not firing properly or any other reason that would cause a rich condition that would only affect one bank (IE vacuum leak, bad injector, bad coil, plug, wire, bad O2, faulty wiring (ground issues) and im sure theres a lot more im not thinking of right off hand

Senior Tuner
    I'd double check the o2 sensors to see if they have been swapped left/right.

This is easier to do than you think. Seems like every other month I have someone come into the shop with the left plugged into the right etc.. especially trucks and Trailblazer SS's.

See this image for color codes

https://www.pcmofnc.com/2020/04/08/c...r-information/
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Well I checked the codes before i left for work this morning I don?t remember the exact code I want to say P0200 fuel injector circuit. So I think I have a stuck injector.

Tuner in Training
    I think I was backwards the trims are super positive does that mean its lean maybe I have an exhaust leak or vacuum leak.

Senior Tuner
    Maybe a stuck closed injector or just a wiring/driver issue for an injector? Don't ignore trouble codes chasing other things. And keep up with the actual code number. It means something.

Tuner in Training
    When I get home tonight I will move all the drivers side injectors to the pass side and see if the condition follows it.

Tuner in Training
    Alright so I flipped the injectors and the problem stayed on the same side. I changed spark plugs and it has new wires. Coils should be good and no vacuum leaks. The injector circuit code went away I think i am going to put a wideband on it to see whats going on.