Thread: Open loop commanded afr stuck at 13.98 / 0.952 lambda... is that normal?

Tuner in Training

Open loop commanded afr stuck at 13.98 / 0.952 lambda... is that normal?

Hey all,

I am tuning my 2008 trailblazer wit a 4.2 and the e67 ecm

i set all othe o2 readyness to 400deg and have disabled ltfts in the tune. I unplugged the front o2 and replaced with wideband.

After its all warmed up i see it throws the o2 code because its not plugged in and the arf/eq commanded sit at 13.98/0.952.

Is this normal? I usually tune my gen 3 2002 trans am race car but i have a bung so i dont replace the front o2.

I figure its fine since im just doing maf and sd error based on what the computer commands and the actual but was still odd.

just wanted to make sure its not going into some limp mode and causing errors

Thanks!

Had the same issue with a 2015 Camaro V6 (E39A). Had to change the IVT Gain A table from 1 to 0.952 (Fuel > Open Loop / Base > Open Loop Gains, table 12545). Table is based on IVT (intake valve temp) vs. MAP/Load, and only changed the last column (highest IVT) since that is the only column used at normal operating temps. If you have an alcohol sensor you may need to change the other tables (B, C, etc.) as A is for 0%, B for 10%, etc.

Tuner in Training
    hey man thanks! I sort or remember doing this in the past now that i see it. I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks for the quick reply, now its time to do some driving