Thread: running lean with straight pipe and cold air intake and wide band. 5.3 lm7 02 chevy

Potential Tuner

running lean with straight pipe and cold air intake and wide band. 5.3 lm7 02 chevy

unsure how to resolve this issue or what keeps causing my engine to start running super lean out of the blue,current tune.hpttest drive with 02 reading.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Looks Like it runs lean from the very start on this data log. Reset your fuel trims and plot wide band error percentage. Take the error and make changes to either you mas airflow or ve table to correct.

If it's that lean with such minimal mods you have other problems.

Like low fuel pressure, exhaust leaks before or directly after the o2 sensors or a vacuum/intake leak after the MAF sensor.

I've never had a cold air intake on the GEN 3 MAF sensors cause massive lean codes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

plotting wide band error percentage

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Looks Like it runs lean from the very start on this data log. Reset your fuel trims and plot wide band error percentage. Take the error and make changes to either you mas airflow or ve table to correct.
    Im unable to get my channels list to data log commanded afr. anyway to work around this so i can get my afr percentage tables filled?

Potential Tuner
    ive double checked everything u stated up there and it all seems to check out, i have no current exhaust leaks, intake leaks, or low fuel pressure. Just a little concerned about running to 17 afr not shooting for fuel economy exactly. I also cant my commanded afr to pop up in channels list any idea how to work around this to fill my afr error tables so i can tune via maf? Im relatively new to tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    why dont you have any O2 data?

Potential Tuner
    should be 02 data under my graphs

Senior Tuner
    What's so hard about this problem? OL-Fault. B2S1 O2 is dead.

Tuner in Training
    see im having some simliar issues but worse

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobers9 View Post
    should be 02 data under my graphs
    Did you remove the passenger side oxygen sensor to put your wideband in?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If it's that lean with such minimal mods you have other problems.

Like low fuel pressure, exhaust leaks before or directly after the o2 sensors or a vacuum/intake leak after the MAF sensor.

I've never had a cold air intake on the GEN 3 MAF sensors cause massive lean codes.
    I have seen a simple missing OE air filter cause a GEN 3 style MAF and 0411 PCM setup to peg the fuel trims as well as hesitate and bog.