Thread: Logging "external input" from main CAN-BUS ?

Question Logging "external input" from main CAN-BUS ?

I want to use one of the pre-defined can-bus lambda controllers, 14point7, but wondering if its possible to log data from it if its connected to the main vehicle can-bus network and not using the prolink+ cable.

I have a need to have the controller on the main vehicle network so I wouldn't be able to connect it to a prolink+

Will MPVI3 be able to log this data from the same CAN network its connected to and not via the prolink+ ?

Thanks

I guess simpler question would be is the PROLink+ can-bus input on the same network as the main MPVI3 connector.

That talks about CAN-bus data via the the PROLink+ cable which I understand. But what if the lambda controller injects data onto the main CAN-bus network where the MPVI3 connects to via the OBD-II port? Would the scanners external input presets detect the data from the ODBC-II port source?

If I am understanding your question right then yes. I have an AEM wideband that plugs into the OBD2 port and creates its own PID that can be picked up by the scanner that is on the CAN line.

Here is a drawing to maybe clear things up

lambdacanbus.png

Advanced Tuner
    Should work similar to the widebands that have the OBD pass thru, no prolink required. But, I think the specific wideband controller you are using would need to be defined by HPT in the channel list.

Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Should work similar to the widebands that have the OBD pass thru, no prolink required. But, I think the specific wideband controller you are using would need to be defined by HPT in the channel list.

I would be using 14point7 controller which is an option in the external inputs config. So this should work just fine?