Thread: new mpvi3 re sync issue

new mpvi3 re sync issue

Been working with Pete from support who hasn't helped.. My new MPVI3 will not sync. i registered the device, purchased credits, used beta VCM editor, click Help, Re-sync and that's all it will do. It says Reading from Interface for over 15 minutes and never moves. The only options are to retry or cancel. Retied several times with the same results. Someone surrey can be of more assistance than Pete. His only advise was to follow the same directions the box came with then when that didn't work, he quit replying.

Dell Latitude, Windows 10, Beta version of Editor, and Stable version both tried, using supplied cord to brand new out of box MPVI3.

Please Help!!!

Not sure but I think someone said the MPVI3 needed to be plugged into your laptop and your car's OBDII port.

Potential Tuner
    I need help also, having same issue

Potential Tuner

resolved

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Been working with Pete from support who hasn't helped.. My new MPVI3 will not sync. i registered the device, purchased credits, used beta VCM editor, click Help, Re-sync and that's all it will do. It says Reading from Interface for over 15 minutes and never moves. The only options are to retry or cancel. Retied several times with the same results. Someone surrey can be of more assistance than Pete. His only advise was to follow the same directions the box came with then when that didn't work, he quit replying.

Dell Latitude, Windows 10, Beta version of Editor, and Stable version both tried, using supplied cord to brand new out of box MPVI3.

Please Help!!!
    so just incase someone still needs this the instructions are bugged for the mpvi3. they say to go to thelp resync. that is fine but the first time you go to vehicle read and when you try it will update the firmware. doesnt have to be attatched to vehicle. after that the instructions way help-> resync will work every time
    hope this helps
    cheers

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hensond View Post
    so just incase someone still needs this the instructions are bugged for the mpvi3. they say to go to thelp resync. that is fine but the first time you go to vehicle read and when you try it will update the firmware. doesnt have to be attatched to vehicle. after that the instructions way help-> resync will work every time
    hope this helps
    cheers
    I tried 3 different computers, then found this thread. I tried the fix above, but it still didn't work. So I tried what some others suggested and installed the VCM Beta software. After that it immediately did the firmware update (without getting stuck on Erasing failed as before) successfully. So if anyone else has this firmware update issue try the beta software before opening a trouble ticket.