Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Silverado 1500 5.3 Procharged Tune

Tuner in Training

2015 Silverado 1500 5.3 Procharged Tune

Does anyone have a base tune that comes with the HO intercooled Procharger kit for the 2014-2018 Silverado 5.3l ? I'm going to be acquiring the kit from a donor 2015 truck and I've read the tune from said truck and it looks stock compared to a stock tune file.

Senior Tuner
    You'll be better off starting from scratch honestly.

A lot of times the canned tunes that come with supercharger kits isn't even driveable.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Agree with Alvin

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info. I plan on making changes. I just wanted to look at a canned tune and see what they changed

Tuner in Training
    As read from a 2017 5.3 P1SC kit
    Truck was living off the low Octane Table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Tom!

Tuner in Training
    So I'm about to start installing the p1sc kit on my truck and wanted some opinions on things I should get to go along with it. Would I need a new 2 bar map? Should go with a lt4 tmap and connector then swap my iat from the maf to the tmap? The procharger should make a max of 8psi in boost. I'm very new to tuning. Should I start with maf tuning then do ve? And what steps would be after that? I've been learning a lot from Goat rope garage videos so far. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This has been a low budget build so far and I can't really afford to pay for a tune.

Tuning Addict
    LT4's probably the easiest route then wire in yourself or pay a little over 200 to buy the harness already made for it to work.

You'll have to buy the lt4 map and map connector and use a piece of wire if you do it yourself on top of the better splicing pieces and heat shrink. Make sure when you're looking it up you get the "output" map sensor for something like a 18 ZL1 Camaro.

Wiring's simple - you really don't need the schematics but I included them anyway. Just wire up from the connector end views to have the 5v, ground and signal going to the correct pins then run the temp output from the lt4 map to pin 1 on the ecm side of the MAF connector. Even if you go with the available harness's from whipple or DSXTuning, I would recommend removing the MAF part of the harness and wiring into the factory harness. The jumpers seem to cause baro codes to set and weird intermittent issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Greg for the excellent info on the lt4 map sensor. I definitely plan to wire it into my engine harness. Working at dealership for the last 9 years I've learned less connectors the better lol

Tuner in Training
    So I've got the lt4 map and oe 4 pin connector for it. Ive seen setting map sensor linear and offset to 425.00 kpa and -32.50 kpa. once I do this and install the sensor, will I have any issues running without the supercharger hooked up as I've yet to finish all the piping and don't currently have the belt going to it. Thanks.

I believe the come with a cantune

Tuning Addict
    It should run NA as long as the MAF is seeing airflow - otherwise you have to fail it and run in SD. Make sure to check all fluids before hand. Pretty sure those blowers ship dry if I remember right.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Greg. I'm still running a modified stock air box with drop in K&N filter for now and got the lt4 tmap installed today. I did see a change from 97 kpa with the stock map to 95/96 kpa with the lt4 map in sensor data and wasn't sure if that's a big enough change to cause any issues. Also noticed it runs slightly more rich now on my aem wideband.

Tuning Addict
    1kpa could be anything from the sensors manual calibration to the wire connections. As long as it's reading and changing correctly you should be OK.

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfogle View Post
    So I'm about to start installing the p1sc kit on my truck and wanted some opinions on things I should get to go along with it. Would I need a new 2 bar map? Should go with a lt4 tmap and connector then swap my iat from the maf to the tmap? The procharger should make a max of 8psi in boost. I'm very new to tuning. Should I start with maf tuning then do ve? And what steps would be after that? I've been learning a lot from Goat rope garage videos so far. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This has been a low budget build so far and I can't really afford to pay for a tune.

I just use LSA LS9 map sensors in this application.

You should get a Baro breakout harness on this.. The MAF sensor has a baro sensor in them. This baro sensor isn't meant to see boost.. when it does it throws off the fueling/ VVE stuff. Its honestly pretty important. Several vendors sell them. (us included)
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    Yes a baro breakout is a must otherwise fueling will never stay the same.

I like the lt4 map for the more accurate iat being in the manifold and the wider range not that it would ever need it, but it's there.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for info. Would I be able to use my stock map sensor I replaced with the lt4 tmap and wire it as a baro sensor? I did mock it up and compared scan tool data . OE baro (in maf) displays 13.92 psi at 3.76v and the OE map wired into MAF connector displays 14.2 psi and 3.82v. could I some how make it closer by changing a parameter in the editor? Or would it be good enough as is to use for baro break out?

Tuner in Training
    Well I just checked local weather source and found out the OE map sensor I have is more accurate compared to current baro than the one in the MAF. So I will be using it wired into the engine harness.
    Last edited by Cfogle; 07-08-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfogle View Post
    Well I just checked local weather source and found out the OE map sensor I have is more accurate compared to current baro than the one in the MAF. So I will be using it wired into the engine harness.

Heads up.. weather stations give a corrected baro for altitude. You should be able to find aviation weather near you that would be closer.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Yes a baro breakout is a must otherwise fueling will never stay the same.

I like the lt4 map for the more accurate iat being in the manifold and the wider range not that it would ever need it, but it's there.

If your using a temp sensor in the manifold its critical to go over charge temp bias. For anyone else reading this.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com