Thread: Negative torque values at idle

Tuner in Training

Negative torque values at idle

My car - 2017 ZL1 M6 - has been idling high since I let her out of the garage this spring. Put her on the dyno and was told I have negative torque values at idle which probably is the cause of my high idle. My car has only been tuned by Jannetty Racing. I can think of no reason for them to put those values in, but they (values) cannot change by themselves, as I've been told.

Any thought would be appreciated.
    2017 ZL1 M6
    JRE Terminator Rough Idle Cam
    Magnusun 2650 - 9.34 lower / 90mm upper
    Ethanol 50%
    FIC +30%
    DSX
    NW 103mm TB - Roto Fab CAI
    2" TSP catless LTs

If it’s too negative it will idle high… may just need to bring up the tq, the DD table can cause this as well

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Could also be a Vac leak, tune may be fine…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuning Addict
    Without a log or file it's hard to say, but you should have negative timing too. If you have negative timing and negative torque then it's trying it's best to bring the idle down.

As Ben stated - vac leak or may even need the throttle relearned if the battery was dead/unhooked. I'm told by the engineer that helped design the torque modeling that these things will "learn" up to 30 Nm one way or the other back to whichever model is the highest.

Negative torque at idle isn't a bad thing - especially with a manual. Ideally you want it around 0 +/- 10 with a large cam.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC