Thread: Idle TPS will not go below 3"

Potential Tuner

Idle TPS will not go below 3"

A bit of a strange one. The throttle will not go below 3* when the Throttle Angle Source is in Idle Control but it WILL go to the minimum setting (1*) when the throttle angle source is in Torque Control mode.

Regardless of how low I set the airflow target, and ETC angle for idle, it is stuck at 3* which in turn prevent the car from having an idle below 1000 RPM.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

This is a 2014 Coyote GT manual with the CobraJet manifold and dual 65mm throttle body.

idle V3.90.hpl

Might be a few things including min angle set somewhere ending with improper TB data or torque model.
    Hard to tell without seeing a tune...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Might be a few things including min angle set somewhere ending with improper TB data or torque model.
    Hard to tell without seeing a tune...
    Here is the tune for reference.Attachment 132602Tune V3.70.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Looking through idle logs before the manifold and TB install, it looks like the ECU still commands a minimum of 3* at idle specifically. The previous throttle body (85mm single blade) however had no issue holding the 800 RPM idle at 3* of throttle opening. Is there a specific ECU limit of 3* min opening at idle - perhaps a table that is not exposed?

As soon as a I touch the throttle and, Torque Control takes over and Throttle Angle can and does go to the minimum setting of 1* opening. When I come off the throttle and Idle Control is active it snaps back to 3* opening.

Advanced Tuner
    You have what looks like monoblade TB data instead of the twin blade data. Your Idle Throttle Angle needs to be adjusted for the twin blade too. There's a lot in your tune that needs adjusted, this set up with longtubes is fun for N/A, you can message if you want, I made a couple edits to your file.

Tune V3.70---TB Model.hpt