Thread: Old MPVI 1 credits

Post Old MPVI 1 credits

I purchased my MPVI 1 way back when HP did GM only. I had 8 GM credits and used 6 over the years on my interface. I upgraded to 2+ last year and then 3 was announced like what seems like months later, LOL... But I took advantage of the "free" 4 Universal credits to upgrade from 2+ to 3. I notice in the interface and my account on HPTuners site, it only shows my count of credits. When Ford was released and later some Dodge credits (before Universal) it listed my count as GM credits. Now I have 6 available credits that I know were 2 GM and 4 Universal. Was the previous GM credits converted to Universal? Are they all universal and interchangeable now?

I have a new Ford to start tuning (requires 4 credits) and my C7 (requires 2 credits), and so I still only need 4 Universal and 2 GM. So if they are still GM only credits, thats fine. My question is really just asking if the remaining GM credits are all Universal now.

Thank you in advance! I know for awhile before Universal, someone (I believe it was Bill as he's been here since damn near the beginning, prob one of the first employees it seems like you've been here so long) on here back in the day would allow you to exchange GM for Ford credits and such if you needed to. Seems like since the price is all the same, easier for everyone to just have all universal credits only and call it a day.
    ------------------------------
    Current Vehicles I own

2022 Ford Explorer ST 3.0TT/A10
    • UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • aFe Dual CAI(wet filters)
    • AWR Racing Rear Diff Mount
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2016 C7 3LT Stingray LT1/A8
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56
    SOLD: 2014 Ford Explorer XLT 3.5NA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2/MPVI2+/MPVI3 use universal credits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Awesome!! Thank you!!

Also, another question, can you use a USBC to USBC cable on the MPVI3, or is it only able to work with a USBC to USBA cable that came with it?
    Current Vehicles I own

• UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I can't see why it wouldn't work but we haven't tested it here.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I wasn't sure if the MPVI followed the proper USBC standard, or used their own connection via a special cable. (I've seen vendors do this for various products and it is infuriating when they do that because only their cable works and if anything happens where they go under, your left hoping the cable never goes bad. Also this makes it where you have to have a USBA port on your laptop/device.

On my Desktop, I plugged my new MPVI3 into my Thunderbolt port and it did register the device and VCM Editor sees and can sync interface. So I would imagine it would be just fine. This is awesome because my laptop (3 Thunderbolt ports and HDMI Port) doesn't have any USBA ports, so I have a thunderbolt / USBC dock that I use for my Samsung phone for DEX output with Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor/RJ45. I have to d/c all that to use on my laptop to tune.

Thank you Bill and rest of HP Tuners for all you guys provide and support over the many years!!!!
    Current Vehicles I own

• UPR Oil Seperator
    • Mishimoto Intercooler
    • Forscan Customizations
    • HP Tuners (of course!)

2005 Pontiac GTO LS2/T56

That's all I use with my MPVI3 is a USB-C to USB-C cable. In fact that's all I've used since I had my MPVI2. No issues with either one of them.