Thread: Virtual Volumetric error - incomplete zones warning

Tuner in Training

Virtual Volumetric error - incomplete zones warning

VVE creates a warning error every time I try and make a change.
    Warning is that I have incomplete zones - and I do.
    As in the factory numbers do have zones 17,23,and29 missing.
    If I open the page, click 'show zone numbers' indeed 17,23 and 29 are not listed.
    If I make even one change on this page - like change one number only - and then press Virtual VE - Coefficients, I get the warning 'incomplete zones' 17,23,29 etc.
    So ignore it?
    It seems each cell is updated corrected (when pasting in % from the scanner), but warnings worry me.
    Thoughts please
    screenshots attached
    incomplete zones.JPG
    save only 1 cell.JPG
    cell numbers missing.JPG
    Last edited by CTSVNZ; 06-03-2023 at 05:19 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Normally gives this warning if you're tuning something with boosted zones in a non boosted format. Didn't do this years ago, but the newer editor versions do... Click on the map axis and change it to the middle option and tune it on that setting. Otherwise if it's not boosted - which looks like from your name it is - you'll need to change your zone settings to be able to make corrections in the 1 bar format.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVNZ View Post
    VVE creates a warning error every time I try and make a change.
    Warning is that I have incomplete zones - and I do.
    As in the factory numbers do have zones 17,23,and29 missing.
    If I open the page, click 'show zone numbers' indeed 17,23 and 29 are not listed.
    If I make even one change on this page - like change one number only - and then press Virtual VE - Coefficients, I get the warning 'incomplete zones' 17,23,29 etc.
    So ignore it?
    It seems each cell is updated corrected (when pasting in % from the scanner), but warnings worry me.
    Thoughts please
    screenshots attached
    incomplete zones.JPG
    save only 1 cell.JPG
    cell numbers missing.JPG

Looks like your MAP axis only goes up to 105 kpa. This is cutting off the bottom zones. You need to edit the row definition to include over 105 kpa (boost area).
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Tuner in Training
    Interesting to view - actually I have Maff turned off for VVE tuning. It is kinda lazy rather than off off. Not sure when off it should stop loggiing any numbers? For off I used MAF Frequency Fail High - 1 Hz (was 14,599Hz) and MAF Frequency Fail Low - 0 Hz (was 1,126Hz)
    Thank You

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. yes a non boosted now with a blower. Technically I have turned the Maff off (got this on the money), now on VVE. I cant find the middle option? in the Virtual Volumetric Efficiency Table Editor? Im new at this but a keen learner. Thank You

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSVNZ View Post
    Interesting to view - actually I have Maff turned off for VVE tuning. It is kinda lazy rather than off off. Not sure when off it should stop loggiing any numbers? For off I used MAF Frequency Fail High - 1 Hz (was 14,599Hz) and MAF Frequency Fail Low - 0 Hz (was 1,126Hz)
    Thank You
    check this out. This thread was created by Cringer and I have been using his equations to tweak my maf and VVE with good results. Best thing is no need to disable maf and/or VVE to tune the other.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-the-Same-Time