Thread: Same laptop & dongle but different data on 2 cars ?

Same laptop & dongle but different data on 2 cars ?

I'm trying to soften the 1-2 shift on a built 4L60E trans in a conversion car with 6.0 L . I recently heard an option that I had not tried before , being Trans - Shift Properties - Shift Pressure Modifier Upshift - 1-2 . But when extracting the current tune from the car its not showing this data, yet it has been available before because I had tried previously to add to the desired shift time on the same page ... its also missing now. This same information is available on my other car with a 4L60E today using the same laptop and dongle. Is there something that I am doing wrong when performing a read entire ? I am using HP T version 2.22
    Monaro trans - Copy.jpgRodeo - Copy.jpg
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

2007 Holden Rodeo 6.0 litre conversion with 4L65E transmission.

Are you in advanced view under the edit tab?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for reply, yes it is in advanced view. This advanced view does not have to be set at the time the tune is downloaded from car, right ? .. during the read procedure ?

advanced view.jpg
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

Post these two files you have questions about. Like the actual tune files in .hpt format and not screenshots of the thing you think is going to be relevant.

Different vehicles with different controllers and sometimes even the same two year/make/models but with different operating system updates will have different tables in the editor.

Hi Guys, ok I will attempt to post the 2 files here. The Rodeo is the one that has the very harsh 1-2 shift , it is a 4L60E with built up internals and shift kit. I have tried to reduce low speed 1-2 harshness with HP Tuners over the years, shift times, pressures etc and also a couple of different springs in the 1-2 accumulator housing (done by the transmission place that built it, so I cant confirm exactly what springs they were) .
    Two other points that might be worth mentioning, its an early one with no Input Shaft Speed Sensor, and also on the shift properties page which I cant see now , where it asks what you want Pattern A to be, it has cruise nominated .. I found this odd but hadnt tried to change it to normal .
    The other file is my Monaro with a Harrop Supercharger I had been driving it for many years and only just discovered that no Knock Sensors had been put in when they fitted and tuned it. So I have a question about knock sensors too.
    OK now I see nowhere to upload files ?

Yeah, that's just P59 vs E38/T42. Everything is gonna be way different everywhere, has nothing really to do with both having the same transmission family.

Oh OK thanks. But that doesn't explain where that missing data has gone to, it used to be there because I had tried changing the shift times on the 1-2 change in the past.

Rodeo - Copy.jpg

But that doesn't explain where that missing data has gone to,

I have since found a copy of one of my earlier tunes on my desktop at work. It shows the data l was missing so l can try a change to 1-2 Upshift Pressure Modifier vs. trans temp vs. torque to try soften harsh 1-2.
    The issue is, the tunes l have on my desktop at work are in HPT version 2.23 Beta, so I cant open them on my laptop apparently as l have HPT version 2.22. If I bring my desktop home to the car and use my MPVI Pro to load the older tune with changes, will my MPVI Pro still work afterwards with my laptop that has version 2.22 or will it somehow be locked onto version 2.23 that it last used ? I do not want to update anything as l continually hear DO NOT UPDATE anything from forums.

Open a support ticket, ask the people who wrote the software why they removed your transmission settings. They're the only ones who can either tell you why, or put them back in for you in the next Beta.

I dont mind using the tune l found on my desktop, (other than setting up desktop near car. lol ) but do you know if my MPVI Pro will come back to Version 2.22 after working with Version 2.23 Beta ? l dont want to risk incompatability if it upgrades itself to 2.23