Thread: 2018 Ford F150 2.7l eco boost knock issues

Tuner in Training

HELP!! 2018 Ford F150 2.7l ecoboost knock issues

Hey guys i have a 2018 f150 2.7 eco with just intake and exhaust running ngk hx heat range 7 plugs gapped .028" and i had been running diablosport tow tune and 91 tunes. I am planning on eventually using hp tuners. i use tow when towing trailer and 91 when just normal driving. never had any issues till the other day. always ran 89 octane minimum and 91 when using 91 tune. Just randomly started acting up. i am seeing a bunch of knock. i will put logs up of both 91 tune and stock. i drained tank and got new 94 fuel as i though maybe i got bad fuel. Didnt seem to help any. i even had Ford reprogram ecu as i thought maybe the file got corrupted. i have included pulled stock file. i am at a loss, i'm not sure what i'm missing anyone with any ideas i'm open for suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by upc1259; 06-03-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Your timing is too high and the way to find it is to data log you borderline mapped 0 threw 14 to see where the timing is to much. I also made a new graft for 7 of those maps once I logged and seen which ones my truck was using. Mine only uses 7 of those maps.

Tuner in Training
    Your looking at the wrong channel. need to add channels mapped 0 threw 7 on your Vcm channels and then you can see which map timing needs to be adjusted. And you can use your retard graft copy and paste by % on the correct mapped. And you can do your VE table using short term graft copy and paste by % on the VE table. Your fueling is off lean in some places and rich in others. Up load your tune and I can help you.