Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AEM 0334 wont show up in scanner

Potential Tuner

AEM 0334 wont show up in scanner

So ive played with this thing and tried 2 different ways.

1 using the serial data cable method in a separate usb port on the laptop and restarting it while connected

2 pinning the output directly into the egr input in the ecm

I re pinned the gauge itself into pins 9-10 (i think, im not by the truck now) for the analog output but still nothing. Lots of posts about the 0330 but im not seeing guys successful with the 0334

06 silverado 2500hd

Appreciate any help

this might sound like a dumb question but is the wideband and gauge kit working standalone?

I just ordered the 0330 harness for the 0334 that has the pins already in it for analog output. Next we are going to run it through the ac pressure switch. I don't know of any other way.
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Quote Originally Posted by JR92RS View Post
    this might sound like a dumb question but is the wideband and gauge kit working standalone?
    And yes the gauge can be run stand alone.
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Potential Tuner
    Yes the gauge reads fine. Just no info in the scanner.

Potential Tuner
    Where can I find that harness? Basically the EGR method is the same as the pressure switch from what I understand

Quote Originally Posted by mckoolkid View Post
    Where can I find that harness? Basically the EGR method is the same as the pressure switch from what I understand
    I found it at summit.

This is the harness https://www.summitracing.com/parts/AVM-30-3459 that someone on here recommended that I get. I haven't installed it yet but it looks like it will work last I checked.

Potential Tuner
    How does that wire in different then just moving the pins on the stock 0334 harness?

I don't think it does. Just keeps you from having to repin. As long as you know what wire goes where you should be fine.

Potential Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ght=wiring+egr

This is basically what I'm currently trying and have no luck. The EGR reads a constant .04 volts I think it was.

Here is a side by side comparison of the harness's. The one on the left is the new 30-3459 harness and the one on the right is the 30-0334 harness. In the back ground is the 30-0334 harness diagram. As you can see on the 0334 harness there is no pins for 9 / 10 that is for the analog outputs and on the 3459 harness you can see that 9 / 10 (brown and white) are pinned. If your getting voltage from the egr signal wire then I think I would move on to the ac pressure switch and check those signal wires with the ac off of course.

harness 1.1.jpg
    harness 1.2.jpg
    harness 1.3.jpg
    harness 1.4.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    06 Silverado has a pre-CAN ECU. The 30-0334 only works with CAN based ECUs. Usually, 2007 or later.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    06 Silverado has a pre-CAN ECU. The 30-0334 only works with CAN based ECUs. Usually, 2007 or later.
    That's what I was thinking.

I have had issues with the analog AEM widebands not outputting voltage randomly for EIO datalogging. Running the power to the alternator seems to help. I've gone back and forth with AEM support with no help.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    So basically It isn't possible, and I need to get a 30-0300?

Quote Originally Posted by mckoolkid View Post
    So basically It isn't possible, and I need to get a 30-0300?
    I thought it was possible. That's what someone told me. We have a 2000 C5 where going to try it on in a couple weeks

From manual
    "An OBD-II output can be used in conjunction with CAN based OBD-II ports found in 2008 and newer vehicles to replace or supplement stock O2 sensors with the fast LSU4.9 sensor for more accurate mixture control."

i believe you can still make it work but the down side to this is that the can bus is basically useless.

What you want to do is use the connector A pin 5(should be blue wire) from aem gauge and connect that to your db9 male(serial port)

The blue wire shall be connected to Pin #2 (RX) on the serial port for receiving data.

On The DB9 (serial Port) Pin # 5 (GND) must be grounded.

If a standard 9-pin serial cable is to be cut instead, the (RX) wire is typically RED and the (GND) wire is typically GREEN. However, this should be confirmed
    with a continuity tester before attempting.

Why can't you just connect pin #'s 9 / 10 to the ac pressure switch?

Quote Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
    Why can't you just connect pin #'s 9 / 10 to the ac pressure switch?
    i mean you could do that, i just personally have my setup with a serial cable.

Potential Tuner
    did you ever find a solution? im currently going through the same thing. After a few tries, the vcm did pull it up once, froze at 12.20afr while the wb was still moving around, then i havent been able to pick it back up since. im going to go over the wiring again i guess