Thread: 2020 Chevrolet 1500 5.3L

Potential Tuner

2020 Chevrolet 1500 5.3L

I was looking around at a few other posts on removing the DOD and on my end it looks different. It's showing DOD disabled if over 3200RPM. The posts are saying that there is a drop down box. And I don't see no drop down box. I set it to "0" it Seems to work and not turn on. But I'm just wanting to know what I could do to help this beast out with some power and disabling that DOD crap. Soon she will be getting the 3.0L Whipple slapped on her and get the actual DOD Delete kit with a nice cam. But gotta take this one step at a time. Especially having no freaking clue what I'm doing! And not afraid to admit it! 🤣😅 Any help for this noob would be greatly appreciated! Willing to learn!

Tuner in Training
    Something you may need to find out is with a 2020 Silverado, it may have the new ECM which requires removal and unlocking to change the tune. I have a 2019 Silverado LD which has the 2018 PCM which isn't locked. Before you go Whipple, you need to verify you can change the tune (write) with HP tuners. You may be able to read the ECM but you may not be able to write to it. This also may apply to the transmission module (TCM). I am not sure but others in the group should be able to verify. Good luck. All I have done is disable DOD until I get my wide band purchased and setup.
    Bernie Pella
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BPella View Post
    Something you may need to find out is with a 2020 Silverado, it may have the new ECM which requires removal and unlocking to change the tune. I have a 2019 Silverado LD which has the 2018 PCM which isn't locked. Before you go Whipple, you need to verify you can change the tune (write) with HP tuners. You may be able to read the ECM but you may not be able to write to it. This also may apply to the transmission module (TCM). I am not sure but others in the group should be able to verify. Good luck. All I have done is disable DOD until I get my wide band purchased and setup.
    I have the unlocked ECM from HPT. Having some issues with the readability of it. I think i figured out the how to turn off DOD part. I just set it at not enable if rpm is higher than "0". Seems to work. And I Disabled the Auto Stop Start crap. But yea... This one used to have the locked E90 until I paid these guys to unlock it.

Tuner in Training
    Did you verify how to turn off dfm properly in the tune as well as add some power?