Thread: 6.2 denali

Potential Tuner

6.2 denali

good evening. was trying to do some maf tuning for the most part can get it going pretty good. starting having issues with it if i come to a stop to quick it it drops to 450 or so then shoot back up and a possible jerk to the transmission
    No dod and is a 07
    Attached Files Attached Files

What color is it?

Advanced Tuner
    Ill take a look in a few hours when im around my laptop...lol @ Blindsquirrel

What? I figure if the trim level is important enough to use in place of a year or even model, the color should be at least as important.

A Denali WHAT? Denali doesn't provide even a single solitary bit of useful information related to solving your problem here. Why are Denali people all like this? WHY?

edit: I guess '6.2 denali' is better than just 'my denali', which I see way, way too often.

Advanced Tuner
    Blindsquirrel, i understand, i really do. It just made me laugh. If theyre really new at tuning i kinda expect this but it does get old.

Cjh1284, Im not seeing any fuel trims on the data log. how are you making adjustments with no trims? LTFT is turned off in tune but CL is still enabled? What mods are done to this DENALI? what have you adjusted or changed and what are the goals here? SD? MAF only? just wanna make a factory truck run a little better? I understand your RPM is dropping low coming to a stop but that could be any number of things since almost no vehicle info or mods list was provided.

Potential Tuner
    sorry. new to hp tuner. use holley. this yukon has just a btr naturally aspriated cam and exhaust

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjh1284 View Post
    sorry. new to hp tuner. use holley. this yukon has just a btr naturally aspriated cam and exhaust
    Well that certainly clears things up.

Potential Tuner
    Just trying to recalibrate the maf then my ve tables

Tuner
    Cjh1284, Hang in there. Some of the members on this board have incredible tuning skills just no people skills. You did the right thing and posted your tune. Even I can look at the tuning details and get an 07 GMC Yukon Denali 1500 6.2.

Kidding aside this is a gen 4 and some of your VE thinking will need shifting to a VVE table, similar but different. Keep asking, and some of these guys will help you simply because they live for this tuning stuff. Good Luck

Senior Tuner
    Because "just a btr naturally aspriated cam" is so detailed.

Potential Tuner
    Specs: 225/238 .620"/.605

Potential Tuner
    ill get to the vve when i get one thing squared away then move on to the next. but i appreacite the positive input

Tuner
    Brian Tooley Racing

Tuner
    This will get you going to work on your maff and ve. Changes have been made to Idle RPM tables, base running airflow, idle spark advance & coastdown tables etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files