Thread: 2001 5.3 looking for spicy tune

Tuner in Training

2001 5.3 looking for spicy tune

i have a 70 c10 with a 5.3 basic stock just has headers dual exhaust and cold air intake, anyone have a tune i can spice my stock 5.3 up
    Attached Files Attached Files

Couple easy things and some things you should have already done being a swap vehicle.

In power enrichment.

Set the MAP kpa to 80.
    Lower the enable torque to 50%
    Lower the hot/cold pedal enable to 60%.
    Lower the rpm delay to 1,500rpm.

Set the PE to 1.200 from 3600-redline.

Turn off abuse mode in the TM tab, set to 8,000rpm and zero mph.

Turn off COT (cat over temp)

In the system tab, systems options. Put a zero in the brake torque mngt column.

Then you need to go through all the DTC codes and turn off all the stuff not used anymore. Like EVAP, rear o2 sensors etc etc etc. This way you don't have a billion codes showing up in the scanner when you do need to figure out a problem.

Other things with a swap, you better make sure you have zero exhaust leaks and that you can maintain 58psi of fuel pressure even under heavy load.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i do not see the stuff your talking about, im really bad at this but i can copy and paste if you have time to make chages to my tune and send it back so i can see what your talking about < thanks john

Make sure you are in advanced view under the edit tab. Those tables should be very easy to find.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I see mpa Kpa in alot of places , what tab is it under , that?s the only one I can?t find ,

Tuner in Training
    There is a min map and min map hyst in fuel and there is a map in spark

I'm talking the power enrichment tab. It says on the left side the some of the PE thresholds, that is where the MAP kpa, enable torque etc etc.

Tuner in Training
    In power enrich, I have enable throttle power enrichment as the 3 main tabs in that power enrich tab, on the left under enable tab there is min map kpa and min map hyst what one do I make 80? Thanks

Just the min map.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I appreciate it, I will go upload it to the truck and let you know how it dose