Thread: 2015 Silverado credits needed for DOD and transmission

Potential Tuner

2015 Silverado credits needed for DOD and transmission

Been searching high and low and being new to this, the credit system it's a little confusing, but I'm a fast learner. 2015 Silverado 5.3 with 6L80 trans. Just rebuilt the transmission w/new converter and just about to finish installing a DOD delete cam, lifters, etc. Need to turn DOD off and change some transmission settings. Does this require 2 credits to turn off the DOD and 2 more credits to reprogram the transmission? Also in my search I thought I saw something about credits being tied to the vehicle which I understand, but are they permanently tied to the laptop you use to tune with or can you use different laptops on the same vehicle with your already used credits? Thank You.

Just pull the engine and trans files and will only cost 2 credits total

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

When you do a first read of the truck, on the little window that pops up after clicking read, click gather information or something like that. It should poll all the controllers you can read. Only let it read the PCM and TCM, if a fuel pump control module comes up, don't select that one. The FSCM cost an additional credit to license.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    When you do a first read of the truck, on the little window that pops up after clicking read, click gather information or something like that. It should poll all the controllers you can read. Only let it read the PCM and TCM, if a fuel pump control module comes up, don't select that one. The FSCM cost an additional credit to license.
    Thanks 5FDP. So is it 2 credits for the PCM and 2 credits for the TCM? Of will 2 credits do them both?

Quote Originally Posted by Superprohero View Post
    Thanks 5FDP. So is it 2 credits for the PCM and 2 credits for the TCM? Of will 2 credits do them both?
    It’s like you didn’t read what I wrote…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C