Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: getting there!

getting there!

thanks in advance for all the help and information . the progress has been noticeable !
    5.3 sbe 317 heads used ctsv springs amazon ss2 amazon 80lb blue injectors gt45 stage 1 sno meth kit
    just removed my wb due to it failing. wired the factory b1s1 back up just to see if i could get SOME kind of data on it. this was the first time i have been able to drive the car. short drive around the block. no power at all obviously as there are times its matted but theres little to no acceleration.
    here is the tune +log. any pointers/tips to get this thing to GO are greatly appreciated gm2barREALREVERR+dontbsme.hptspin da block.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Check the O2 wiring. Both O2's should be wired up. Then, turn on da closed loop, blood.

Engine>Fuel>Oxygen Sensors.
    Set ECT vs IAT to factory.
    Turn on LTFT by setting Min ECT to factory.

Post a log after that.

New WB O2s will be in tomorrow. Will get it reading properly and post the log. I don?t have 2 o2 bungs for both banks, just the one in the passenger side mani just before the t4 flange where the turbski sits. So no narrowbands.

Okay Hp Family here?s an update: New WB is calibrated and installed, yay! Afrs are rich. I want to drive the car and start tuning part throttle and maybe get into boost but I have a few annoying hurdles to overcome first: P1514 is setting after about 2 minutes at IDLE. Shuts down the car and I have to clear DTC to get it to restart and even then it just repeats itself at varying intervals. I?ve attempted to max out the p1514 table at 4.1g with no luck. Also have ?scaled Ifr? by halving values (multiply by .5) and multiply stoich by 2. I read somewhere that?s all I needed to do? This still did not remedy the p1514 setting when I?m just idling the car. How can this DTC be setting? When looking at my spark graph on scanner the column axis (grams per cyl) it is only populating top row which is the lowest g/cyl so how is the ecu determining the P1514 when the scanner shows my g/cyl is not very much at idle? Secondly p1860 is this the 4l60e limp mode DTC? When I was able to put the car around the block it lacked power and did not shift. I?ve read when I?m limp mode it lock into 3rd. Is this code an indication of limp mode? I wired 12v to pin c9 in connector c1 to try n see if this would fix the problem but can?t drive the car due to p1514?s annoying antics. Please help me understand this DTC and how to remedy it. Thanks in advance

Senior Tuner
    That code sets basically as a comparison between MAP and TPS. TPS is showing 20% engine off. Why is that? Is the throttle actually opened that much at minimum, or can that value be re-zeroed through a TPS reset?

Great question. Idk why it rest at 20% on the scanner. I?d imagine the rpm?s wouldn?t be at idle range if the tps is always open 20% at least. I?ll verify that tomorrow and attempt to reset it. There a special procedure for that?

Senior Tuner
    Oh it's DBW. 20% is common. Still, wouldn't hurt. There should be a reset in VCM Scanner. Diagnostics and Special Controls>Airflow. Make sure the throttle body is clean before doing it.

Increasing that table like you did has been done before to fix P1415:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...duction-Setups

This guy had a problem caused by bad throttle body:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...d-engine-power
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-08-2023 at 03:26 AM.

Yes it?s DBW sorry I didn?t clarify. But ok I?ll clean her up and attempt a reset procedure. And if all else fails, I?ll replace the TB. I?ll keep ya posted, gonna try and knock that out this evening 😎

Ok got p1514 to go away for now by increasing the max Map table in engine diag. Also disabled p0106 DTC to no MIL. Going to try n drive her round da block, see what we got. Brb

Senior Tuner
    The P0106 tables? Nice work. Be interested in the new tune and log.

Yessir! Engine diag in editor - airflow- calculated MAP Max. I Don?t take credit tho as I was doing more scouring through the forums and just did what someone else suggested 😎 had just enough fuel to confirm the DTC isn?t setting. Then ran out of fuel, got more fuel then laptop died in middle of the log 🙄. Charging it up, cracking a beer and calling it a night. Will post tune and log tomorrow forsure! Thanks for being so helpful and patient thus far!

Senior Tuner
    Right on

6-9-23 tune+log

current frfr.hpt69 log.hpl

current tune and a log from a short drive.
    be gentle I know its way off right now, point me in the right direction
    plan on taking arf err readings and pasting into ve table. I use half% paste right?

Senior Tuner
    How did you define the wideband? I don't see Innovate SP in the transforms. User maths?

Yea it?s user maths Wb vs AFR commanded.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah I meant the wideband itself. Under Transforms>Oxygen Sensors>AFR the closest thing I can find is Innovate LC-1.

Hmmm I don?t quite understand the question. Added the WB to Chanel?s list, then created the error graph following instructions I found somewhere online. I don?t think I had to transform anything? Idek how to do that 😅

Senior Tuner
    When you added the wideband to the channel's list what did you pick. Doesn't just say Wideband.

Oh I found it. It's External Inputs>Serial Port>Innovate

Senior Tuner
    You can do copy/paste-percent (half) if you want.

What I did, since the error is so high, is paste-percent (half) in some locations, full percent in lower error locations below 5%. After this, points were interpolated then extrapolated. I extrapolated based off your engine/mods description. Since it's going to be calling for a lot more fuel as boost builds, I added extra VE there. Instead of doing a bunch of pulls where it starts to get dangerous, why not jump ahead? Still, I bet it will be calling for more fuel so go easy on the datalogging. What I've come up with is attached.

There are other things you may have overlooked. Keep them or leave them if you want.
    - Rolling idle match base
    - Trans WOT shift below fuel cutoff
    - ECT spark reduction tables. Looks like you have a 160 thermostat
    - PE settings were basically saying that PE would be happening too often while normal driving
    - Boost enrichment was a little lean. More enriched for safety
    - Burst knock

In the future start logging cylinder airmass, injector pulsewidth, and injector duty cycle. Few places there's knock. Hard to see where to pull spark without cyl airmass.

Do you have a boost gauge to add to the logs?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-10-2023 at 07:04 AM.

Wow man that is just phenomenal! I didn?t expect you to go in and make adjustments to the tune for me like that 🥲 currently at work but I will flash the tune along with making adjustments as you stated like adding the g/cyl channel like advised so that way the spark adv/ret graphs populate as they should(probably explains why only top rows would populate during log) probably sound like a broken record but I really appreciate this all dude!